• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

the internet is offically broken 1000 SUBS!!!!!!!

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have been aiming for 1000 subs ever sense the YouTube rules changed the beginning of this year. the 14 days it took from 900 subs to 1000 felt like forever with anticipation like being a being a young kid on waiting for Christmas. stayed up late last night as I was at 999 hoping 1 more person would subscribe before i finally went to bed and woke up this morning and santa clause came!!

upload_2018-11-29_10-23-16.png

Channel under review
You've reached 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers - nice job! Your channel is now being reviewed to make sure it complies

I suppose my next big subscriber milestones will be 2000. its kind of crazy to think about having that many subscribers I never really thought I would get that many when I started making video's for youtube. I had previously posted some short unedited clips of random stuff mostly to use youtube as a web host and some of those video's got some views for some reason. that is what gave me the idea to start making youtube video's I posted my first video I intended to be for youtube on 11/25/17. I had 3-4 subscribers (family members) now 11/29/18 I have broke into 1000 subscribers. and nearly 7k hours of watch time.

I have learned so much from my first video's to now I think things will go even better from here on out, this fourm has certainly been a big help in learning the ropes as well just doing it, use every video you do as a learning opportunity. study your analytics and your video's and try to pick out things that have positive and negative impacts on things such as audience retention and interaction. try to provide a high value in your content to your viewers. not only make them want to stay threw the video but to keep coming back for more. Don't get discouraged if a video does not do as well as you hoped when you first upload. Some of my most popular video's started off a bit slow and then only after some time had passed they started ranking.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well done - Fingers crossed for a positive review. Then you can start earning those $bucks!

Reactions: Ezrider92356

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well done - Fingers crossed for a positive review. Then you can start earning those $bucks!
I think I am pretty well safe. most my content is kinda how to mechanic related stuff. everything is original that I have filmed myself. they would have to reach pretty far to find anything to deem my channel not eligible. there's some stuff that shows brand names/logo's and there are a few music tracks of original recordings of classic songs in a couple video's that were recorded by my dad who was life long career musician and if he recorded a cover song he did not try to duplicate the song but put his own original spin on the song. were talking about some songs like Booker T & the M G 's -Green Onions Tom Petty -I Won't Back Down, grateful dead- deal. but like I said they are original renditions of these songs that are obviously unique and published on a album that I own the rights to. they are also in the background of my orrigional content video's and not the topic of the videos if the original artists were to claim them I would let them have them. all the other music is from the youtube creator studio. and that is really all that I think could potentially be a problem so I think I am pretty safe.
I think for YouTube to have a problem with any of that would really be reaching pretty far. I really try to keep everything in line with the rules. im not filming dead bodies in the woods or anything like that.

----
edit to clarify on the music thing
its only in a few video's and there back ground music tracks. the album I chose to use some tracks from was just a little pet project he did. recorded in his privet studio and then was sent out to to be professionally mastered and then published as free use. I assume due to his life long career in the music industry that he obtained the proper mechanical licenses. however I don't know where I would find that information as he is no longer around. I can't use a lot of his original work as the ownership is actually the publishing company and then any royalty's would come from the publishing company so I would have to obtain permission from the publishing company. so I was thinking I was well within my rights on the tracks I used. I could probably ask the company that mastered and published the album if a issue were to come of it. after I used a few of his tracks I realized it might be a issue to prove proper licensing so I stopped using any of his tracks. I really don't think it will be a issue and if it is a little leg work should be able to resolve it. iv never had a single copyright claim or strike on any of my video's, it is possible he published them as free use to avoid obtaining licenses if he was still around I would ask him. he would be able to tell me everything I would need to know.

I know way too long winded, but its the only real thing I could see potentially being a problem with the monetization review and I am pretty confidant I can resolve it if it is a issue.

Last edited:

Freyal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Congratulations! That is such an awesome achievement. I can't even imagine!

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Congrats! and I wish you the best in your review,,, I don't see why your channel will not be accepted so just take into account that it might take more than 1 month

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Congrats! and I wish you the best in your review,,, I don't see why your channel will not be accepted so just take into account that it might take more than 1 month
thanks bud, I am hoping ill get approved by Christmas that would be a great Christmas present....lol a few months ago I was thinking I wouldn't hit 1000 till around the end of December so if I actually get approved by the end of the year would be amazing.

Reactions: GameVestment

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Congrats.. that’s pretty cool!! Ive checked out your videos a couple times.. they’re really good. What is your next goal? Be sure to let us know how your channel review goes. I’m an 369subs for 9k watch hours so 6 months to go for me :( unless miracles lol. Have your got a Christmas themed video planned?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
im thinking my next big subscriber goal will be 2000 and then 5000. but really till youtube made me care about my subscriber count I was happy that people were watching my video's and enjoying them and not so concerned with sub numbers. so now that I have 1000 out of the way I am a little less concerned about sub counts. you should have way more subs than you do. your video's are good. my most recent upload is doing really good for initial views and watch time, its a review video of a product but sub growth seems to be about what it was prior to upload. could be maybe review video's people are less interested in subscribing for as they are just interested in the one product.

Reactions: UhoohExtra