The first 24 hours of your video

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
I've heard lots of information saying the first 24 hours of your video are the most important for it's placement in YouTube's algorithms. Recently with the limited ad problems people have been suggesting to post your videos as private for 24 hours, then making them public after that to avoid most ad limit problems which show up in the first 24 hours.

So my question to anyone that knows, does this ruin your video's first 24 hour boost, by posting it unlisted for a day?

YouTube is so confusing these days...

the first 24 hours of your video are the most important for it's placement in YouTube's algorithms.
I think this refers to the first 24 hours AFTER being made public. Because if your video is private or unlisted, it won't be included in the Youtube wheel of recommendations etc. I upload videos sometimes 2 days in advance, because I scedule them, and I haven't seen any difference in views with video I directly published.

I think this refers to the first 24 hours AFTER being made public. Because if your video is private or unlisted, it won't be included in the Youtube wheel of recommendations etc. I upload videos sometimes 2 days in advance, because I scedule them, and I haven't seen any difference in views with video I directly published.
thanks for the info! :)

I had a conversation with someone here who said they had several weeks of videos private and scheduled for later and none of them have any problems placing and ranking despite being private for a very long time.

I think when you make your video public it acts like it's only just been uploaded. I know when I took mine from private to public, it changed from the previous date to the new one. I'm assuming making it private changes nothing.

Back