The End of G+

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm surprised no one brought this up as a discussion. What a strange venture that was overall. Is anyone here going to miss it? I have a few mixed feelings. It was quite strange how Google tied it in with YouTube. Especially when they somehow intertwined commenting on YouTube videos with G+. Around the same time, they really hid away where private messages are sent and received through YT. I'd still be hard pressed to figure out where to see my inbox in YT. Then later, they made it very difficult to send someone a private message through G+. I guess Google wants to discourage us from talking privately? haha

I found many G+ groups to be atrocious for being a place where people just reposted stolen pictures they took from others with no credit. Not only was there no moderating in those groups, often the moderators were leading the charge of posting stolen material!

However, on the other hand, I did make some contacts through G+. Some even locally. And there were 4-5 groups I was a part of that were quite active and were pretty decent for promoting videos or photographs of mine. For those groups alone, I'll actually miss the G+ experience - as weird as it was!

Reaction score
Never used it. Won't miss it. It was one of the dumbest things to force on YouTubers. Doesn't mean they won't try something else though.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I won't miss it at all.
I tried to use it because I thought "Google must know what they are doing...i'm obviously just too thick to understand".
It turned out that they didn't know what they were doing at all - comforting to know that they can get something so very wrong!

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
After posting videos in the post G+ era, I can see that G+ was giving my new videos around 100-300 extra views at the beginning that I don't get now. For a little channel like mine, I miss those.