The editing process

TATWWK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends on what you are producing.
For my last short film of just 3.5 mins in length, I had to invest more than 50 hours on editing.
But that includes color grading, applying zoom-in zoom-out transitions, luma fade effect for sky, masking editing cut, fast cuts and lot of other things.

But definitely agree, when you are editing you don't want to call it a day and get it done as much as you can in one go without breaking the rhythm.

Angel Stage

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just do vlogs so editing for me is usually in just one sitting. Although sometimes, I have to come back to it if I get pulled away but it's usually done within that day.

Bland Mark

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I do love sitting down and getting really into editing. But because my filming is sporadic and never really organised I mostly edit as I go along. I also figure things out as I go along. Basic cut and move etc. at the minute but soon hope to learn more and get into some hardcore Buckfast Tonic Wine and all night editing sessions :)

Reactions: daniel burgio

Chicken Tendies

Reaction score
Yeah most of the time. since i recently got adobe pre i have been messing around a lot. To answer your question most of the time i do it all in one sitting because is is easy to do Lets plays.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When you edit do you like to do it all in one sitting even if it takes forever? Sometimes you just get that flow when editing and it makes things so easier. You get all these great ideas in the process and you just can't stop. What is your editing process?
The structure of my videos is fairly straightforward, so I do tend to get it all done in one sitting. Basic jump cuts, then music and then any additional effects, like sound effects, text, etc.
If my videos are longer or require a little more time to plan out (like my travel videos), then I'll maybe do those over the course of one or two days - but it's probably the quickest and easiest part of the creation process for me, to be honest!

Brito21

I've Got It
Reaction score
i edit it in one sitting... usually takes about an hour but i dont mind because i look chopping up my videos and adding music and stuff

LiamK4

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whenever I sit down and edit, depending on the amount of footage I have, depends on how long the edit I take personally my videos are 8-12 minutes long so that means my editing time will be about 4-5 hours depending on how many effects I want in the video, but if you can't sit down for a long time without moving a lot then i'd recommend to take your time to get the perfect edit.

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just dedicate 2 to 4 hours a day for editing.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All at once unless for scheduling reasons I need to break up a longer edit, but that's rare. I usually just stay at the computer until it's done.

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally, my videos are fairly short in length and easy to edit. I keep my editing style easy, mainly because I use IMovie. But, I usually go into a video, having an idea of how I want it to be filmed and edited. If I need to take a break, I do, but it usually only takes me 1-3 hours to edit a video. which is doable in one sitting if you've got the time.