The Dos and Don'ts of Video Promotion

shinyvictreebel

PokeTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When promoting videos, there are several ways to do it the right way, and there are some ways you want to avoid. Today, I am going to be outlining what I think are the dos and don'ts of video promotion.

Dos:

• Share your videos on your personal social media profiles. Even if your friends aren't necessarily into the same stuff you are, they may have other friends that are. Since they know it's you, they may share your videos with their friends who are into the same stuff you make videos on.
  • Link back to your older videos in your newer videos. Since most of your viewers don't go back and watch every video you have put out ever, it's a good idea to refer to your older videos in your new ones so you can get your other videos out there.
  • Subtly refer to your videos on Reddit. Reddit is a great place for your videos to be if put on there in the right way. If you post nothing but your video in your Reddit posts, people will think that your just trying to get more views, but if you make a meaningful post with a link to the video included, people won't hate your promotion.
  • Ask your viewers to share your videos. If you know that your viewers aren't already sharing your videos, ask them to either at the beginning or at the end of your videos. It will help a lot in the long-run, and your channel will definitely benefit.

Don'ts:

• Ask people to watch your videos in comments. As a recipient of many comments and messages asking me to check out someone's channel, I find it very annoying. If this is you, stop immediately because it doesn't help anyone, and it makes you look desperate and annoying.
  • Post links to your videos in comments. Again, this happens to me all the time, and I think does the same thing as asking people to watch your videos in comments. All it does is show to others that you like to spam other channels. Unless your video is a video response to the video you are commenting on, this will do you no good.
  • Post your videos without anything else on forums. This makes you look selfish and says that you don't care about anyone else on YouTube except yourself. You only want your own channel to grow, and you don't care how anyone else does.
  • Send emails to people with your video in it. These sorts of emails go straight to the spam folders because nobody want to see them. It doesn't matter how good your video is, people don't want to get emails from random people asking them to watch their videos unless they are your good friends.

Now that you have heard my dos and don'ts, you should now be able to promote your channels without spamming. I also recommend collaborating and cross promoting with other channels because those are probably the best organic growth methods out there. I hope you found this helpful, and if you have any other advice on the subject, make sure to post it down below. Thanks :)

TheEdBoys

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great tips in here. Thank you for sharing, this is a very helpful :D

Reactions: shinyvictreebel

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
But I thought that if I shove my content down people's throat they will adore me and love me forever?
I thought that was the right way to do it.

Reactions: kami

jwl9brla

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
One thing I forgot to do in my videos is ask people to share them. Thanks, I have definitely benefited from this post. Now hopefully I can remember when I actually need to apply it to my videos.

Reactions: shinyvictreebel