The days of Creator Studio Classic are near an end

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First off, I just want to say that I am someone who not only accepts change, but I think it is so important in life. I try to embrace it and often instigate it. I even think that change for the sake of change is often a valid way to go.

However.

I am not feeling a lot of love for the new Youtube Studio and I am sad that soon I won't be able to switch over to Creator Studio Classic when I want.

Here's my take on some of my problems with the new formats:

1) Real time analytics has major glitches for me in the new format. It'll show my real time stats, then 10 seconds later it will show some very different numbers, then 10 seconds later will go back to the true numbers again... 10 seconds later it switches again to the different numbers... and here's the strange thing... Those different numbers that get shown intermittently between the real numbers are always identical. Any time of day, week after week. So half the time if gives me the realtime numbers and half the time it gives me these identical nonsense numbers.

2) The rest of the analytics is mostly disappointing compared to the classic analytics. There's less information AND my revenue is very underreported (25-35%). The revenue reports in classic seem quite accurate.

3) The Video Manager doesn't fit my screen. I have to scroll to the right to see views, likes, and comments. And showing a percentage of likes out of all ratings rather than just showing the number of dislikes is kind of lame, but I'm just being nitpicky there.

4) The video comments page seems clunky. Not as many comments fit on the screen. Also, it seems like you can only view the comments of one video at a time? There doesn't seem to be a page where you can view all the channel's comments at the same time. Am I missing how to do that?

hmmm, I'm positive I had more gripes than this, but I'll edit or comment again when I think of my other issues haha

I think that sometimes, large companies implement a change because it is time for one and even if there are major downgrades, they feel committed to carrying through. What's everyone else's take on it?

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's remarkable they'd let such a downgrade occur. It's remarkable they're not reviewing whether anything works and making the changes needed. I'm currently looking at the new video manager page and at the bottom of the first page it says "1-30 of about 108". Yet, I currently have just under 500 videos uploaded. The programming and coding knowledge necessary to add something up correctly is not difficult. To even put the word "about" in there is mind-boggling in how unprofessional that is. It's fully admitting that they don't know how to get the sum total and that they're not even going to try to figure it out. Let's just throw the word "about" in there and be done with it.

Edit: Still in video manager, I switched to 50 rows per page, rather than 30 rows per page. At that point, it now says "1-50 of about 130". If I go to the next page it says "51-100 of about 150" . The new Studio can't even give a consistent number to their wildly incorrect total.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My biggest issue with it is the monetization feature - Specifically the manually placing of midroll ads at specific timestamps - It doesn't work and it's confusing as hell compared to "studio classic" where it is possible to simply put all the timestamps separated by commas - Example you could type in 5:02, 8:03, 12:04 and then it would put ad breaks all in one go. With the new app, it's really confusing and it doesn't place the ads in the right spots.

Every time I revert to "studio classic", I give them feedback as to why but they haven't fixed it. :mad::confused::down:

Reactions: Hulio

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup. They stopped my old iPad from using the classic system this past weekend.