The Current State of Social Media/YouTube

I agree with what he's saying.....and I believe youtube has gotten way too big. It has become all about the money, which videos are going to bring the most money to youtube. I also think they've messed around with the layouts alot too.

It makes a lot of sense. The first channel I had back in 2007 was seen by lots of people, and it was so easy to find fascinating people just doing their thing - whether it was being funny and entertaining or just talking about their life. Now finding that is much more difficult because YT's algorithms make it more difficult.
But over time, things grow, evolve and change. Remember when Facebook was the simple, clean, streamlined alternative to flashy, music infested, sparkly Myspace? Popularity = money and money = change.
Personally, I monetize my videos but I don't make videos to make money. I'll be stoked if I can cash out my 100 bucks in a year's time. I would, however, like for it to be easier for people to find/stumble upon my stuff, and that's my biggest beef.

The only thing i'd argue or change is saying "If you need to have a green screen and editing skills it's because it's what the new generations like.... fast paste random videos".

Well we all know that youtube has become more about the money and copying what other youtubers are doing. But I agree with what he's saying about social media being flooded with crap. Another thing I tend to realize is that many people forget the social part of social media. With youtube I tend to watch only those who I feel are being authentic when filming. But with social media networks they will eventually get controlled in some way or form. Especially when people come to a site and literally flood it with trash. Just like what happened to myspace and other networks. Youtube is on a different level though because you can never know who really made it with hard work. Once I found out you can buy subscribers and views I forever looked at youtube different.

Back