The content ID rule thing is getting more and more confusing. Please help.

Acktomy

Reaction score
I came across comments where people are saying that the game critics, J!m $terling never monetized his yt videos because he would get content ID claims then.

But don't criticisms fall under fair use? He never included any game audio in his videos, but the gameplay only. Let's play youtubers always include game audio in their videos, and they barely have any issues with the content ID claims.

So why is this happening? Is it because game developers can't tolerate criticisms, so they decide to do something to shut critics down? If not, then I'm totally clueless. Please help me clear this out. Thank you.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Copyright ID is kinda like a copyright claim I think

It's like instead of getting a copyright strike, all profit gained from that video goes directly to the owners of the copyright. Im 99.6% sure it isn't taken down.

That just means that they can't own any money from their content. Normally to combat this, the content creators will turn off monetization all together.

I had it happen once, although I wasn't making much money off the video. It still sucked :(.

It's automatic, and I tried to go to the youtube help forum for answers but dear god that is probably the worst place to ask for help for youtube related issues. Geez, I asked the questions, but they answered something completely different.

I know people like onision get a lot of money from it, and Copyright ID is a stupid useless service. Perhaps if it was perfected, but youtube and "working bots" is impossible.

I think certain things like music is picked up the most, but I hear cutscenes are too.