The Closest and Best Way To Sync AUDIO

CavemanApocalypse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The BIGGEST FEAR of Editing (At Least For Me)
Hello everyone!

So if you're reading this, I'm guessing that you are having problems with syncing your audio up with your video. Well, if that's the case, then you're reading to right article!

I used to have the problem with syncing my audio and video up together, until my friend showed me this awesome way to easily sync up your audio.

I usually record my screen, other people's voices and in-game sounds with OBS and record my own voice with Audacity. Now if I just jumped into talking straight away, I would have difficulty syncing the audio later on down the line.

To get a more accurate sync, I count upwards from one to five whilst clicking in the options menu or the on the start menu, for example, when I press record, I click on the 'Options' tab and say 'One' at the same time, then do that again for different tabs but with different numbers. Then when editing your video, you can align your audio up correctly, without there being noticeable syncing issues.

Thank you for reading and I hope I helped you! <3

Teequ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thank you so much that's great! I will be using this also if you see my "Dabbing!!!" video you can tell my voice isn't synced by the littlest touch.

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I simply clap and plop like an idiot but it works for me haha :D

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Back when I used separate camera and microphone I just clapped and sinchronized the soundwave in my video editor. Sometimes the simple stuff is the most effective

Tomba

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I agree, clapping raises the sound waves a lot higher than the rest of the audio which makes syncing your audio and video easy as pie!
I go through this in my editing tutorial about synchronizing audio and video.

But your method works as well!

Regards

TattedGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
that is a great method...I am ALWAYS having issues syncing up my audio to my video lol thank you!

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm with some others in here and agree that clapping works great for this as well!

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I usually use Audacity and Levelator for my animations. For my first two videos people said its a tiny bit quiet. It cant be mic since Im using a Snowball and its really good. I keep forgetting to turn the volume up in my animating program, so keep an eye on that guys lol.
Good tips tho!