The Biggest Frustration I Face as a Youtuber

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Waiting for other people.

It's waiting for other people to get back to me on something we agreed to do at a certain time, in a certain place, and 95 times out of 100, they never show up. They don't even give me a reason why until days, weeks, even months later (or not at all).

I've lost track of how many hours and days of my life have been wasted just waiting for the other party to respond, get in touch, or hold up their end of some agreement we made, whether it be scheduling a recording, accepting an invite to a Discord server, etc.

I don't mind waiting as long as a) I know what I'm waiting for, b) I know how long I'm going to be waiting for. I can give you some extra time if you need it, but don't just have me sitting here for hours and not tell me what's going on until it's too late to do anything about it.

Collaborations I was supposed to do with other Youtubers have been delayed by weeks, even months, because the other person was not prompt on telling me what, when, where, etc. I don't like it at all. I feel like I'm being blown off or something. Should I just expect people not to show up whenever I make plans? 9 times out of 10, it ends up working out that way.

This is why I have trust issues, and I'm never gonna get that time I spent for nothing back. Please tell me I'm not alone here.

Make friends with people, not YouTubers. Collaborations are a lot easier if the person you're working with is your friend. People who only interact with you because of YouTube are kind of poopy.

Make friends with people, not YouTubers. Collaborations are a lot easier if the person you're working with is your friend. People who only interact with you because of YouTube are kind of poopy.

My list of real, actual friends is about as empty as a hermit's address book.

It's the same with everything in life. That is why I try do everything on my own and not to depend on others. Even if there are always people who will keep up with their word, but there are too many people, who just don't. Unfortunately.

It's the same with everything in life. That is why I try do everything on my own and not to depend on others. Even if there are always people who will keep up with their word, but there are too many people, who just don't. Unfortunately.
I also was thinking that alone you can get big, but it is much harder, or even impossible. That's why sometimes I depend on other people for making videos. Simply because my own resources can't cover all the stuff that I want to cover on my channel. For example you can't buy 10 different graphics cards to review, but if some of your friends bought different than yours, hell why don't do review/test/benchmark? Also remember that your channel is not only about you, but also about the people who watch it. You can't get big alone.

I also was thinking that alone you can get big, but it is much harder, or even impossible. That's why sometimes I depend on other people for making videos. Simply because my own resources can't cover all the stuff that I want to cover on my channel. For example you can't buy 10 different graphics cards to review, but if some of your friends bought different than yours, hell why don't do review/test/benchmark? Also remember that your channel is not only about you, but also about the people who watch it. You can't get big alone.
I get your point, but I don't see it that way. Of course it's way harder to grow your channel alone, but I don't think that it's impossible. Of course you can reach more people, if are working together and have the possiblity to promote each other and stuff like this.
But it also depends on what your niche and what your goal is with the channel and I still hope that quality will stand out at the end. And if you keep going no matter how long it will take and how much work it is, you can still reach a lot in my opinion.

Maybe you should just work by yourself. I know I work best by myself, because I am not waiting on others and I'm doing it on my own time sometimes it's just easier that way. Or consider working with people you know won't flake on you due to you knowing them on a much more personal level. Also, you must be a patient person because if someone flakes on me I won't end up doing it with them because of my attitude so kudos to you

I tend not to collaborate too often. Mostly because I don't have the types of videos that lend themselves to collabing with other channels, but also because the organization of it is a lot of work. I tend to think that it works well when we can each do our own things and then just upload at the same time.

Back