The Best Thread You'll Ever Read

XardicPenguin

A Flightless Bird. What Do You Want To Know?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
If you came here for the title, this is a prime example of how a video title can draw a audience in. In this short, sweet, and simple thread, I will be showing you a few quick tips on how to bring in more subscribers and viewers.

In this thread I will give some examples and my thoughts on how to become popular on YouTube.

Tip #1: Starting Your Channel
Start out your channel by getting a few easy subscribers. Tell all your friends and family and they will surely subscribe and like all your videos. This way, when randoms do look at your channel you will have a few decent stats. :)

Tip #2: Video Title
As you saw in my thread title, I had a really unique, different, and BOLD title which may have caused more people to view this thread than would have without a cool title. Use this to your advantage in every video you make. Name it appropriately, but wisely and have fun and make it unique :)

Tip #3: Video Tags
There are many views on this topic. My best advice is to describe your video as deep as you possibly can. If your doing a vlog or movie, start with the MAIN words such as the movie title, then break it down to some of the bigger words and scenes and what it is about. Maybe even put random words you had in the movie. If your doing a videogaming type thing, try putting the titles and the main ideas of the game first. Then you can break it all down into in-game items and even character names.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you put the most important and descriptive tags first. YouTube searches for the first tags in your entry as the most important ones in the search results.

Tip #4: Video Length
If your a vlogger or a musician or comedian this is ALWAYS important. Humans tend to have very short attention spans, so you will have to keep your videos short sweet and to the point. If your a video game let's player, or doing some profession that requires long videos, you will have to try and be unique. Do something no one's done before, make an idiot of yourself, or be a comedian. Just keep the audience entertained for however long you are recording :)

Tip #5: In-Video Promotion
If you want to remind people to like the video or subscribe, it has to be short and sweet. No trickery either! (EX: Putting the whole screen as a link to subscribe to your channel) This will just make people mad and drive them away. Try doing simple shout outs at the end or during the video. Or make an intro and outro to the video asking to subscribe :)

Tip #6: Being Active in the Community
This is without a doubt the BIGGEST thing when it comes to starting out a channel. You have to be active on other channels before people can find out about you. It won't just happen out of the blue. Comment on EVERY video you see. Good or bad, it will get your voice out. You can't just ONLY make videos. You have to comment and get active.

Tip #7: Video Content
This is a obvious one so I won't spend much time on it. Your content has to be different, unique, and it has to be something that means a lot to you. You can't pretend to be somebody your not. Do what pleases you and if your happy, others will be happy with you :)

Tip #8: Subscribers Aren't Everything
I see this problem happen SO OFTEN and it drives me crazy. Someone will get about 1,000 subscribers and become in-active in the community. Sure you'll get 1,000 subscribers and you get 1,000 views on every video that's great, but if it stops there what is the point? If it stops there that's as far as your going to go. You can't allow your popularity to stop. You have to constantly get better and better every day and post content regularly. If you look at the people on YouTube who you see are most successful, what you'll realize is that they have more views on every video than they have subscribers. This means they're getting recognized by the outside world. (EX: ShaneDawsonTV gets about 10,000,000 views a video but only has 3,200,000 Subscribers) Subscribers are a GREAT thing to have and a needed thing, but in reality it is the people who don't know about you that are going to make your future.

Tip #9: Post Regularly
Being popular on YouTube isn't something that happens overnight, and this is something the world's media has misguided us in many ways and led us to believe otherwise. These things take time. You can have 400 videos and just then get your first comment. What people don't realize is that if you make 2,000 videos, that's 2,000 links your putting back to your page everyday. If you post enough content that you DESERVE to get recognized, someone is going to find you.

Tip #10: Ignore the Haters
This is a commonly asked question and a fear of every YouTuber. I know it sounds wimpy to say this but in reality the best thing you can to is ignore them. This not only bores the haters and makes them leave, it can impress your fans as well. All a hater wants is to see you squirm and your attention. If you don't give them that attention they'll leave QUICKLY. If you respond to a hater, all they will do is come back for more and more. No fan wants to play second-hand to a hater. If the haters are the only ones getting all the attention then they're the only ones who are going to stay.

Tip #11: DON'T GIVE UP
No matter what the haters will tell you, no matter how long you go unnoticed, never stop trying. YouTube Popularity doesn't happen overnight, it takes effort and hard work. If it's your passion, stick with it. You'll get there someday :)

I hope this will help everybody and anybody who is thinking about quitting YouTube because they're not "Popular". Never give up in what your wanting. Popularity will come in the long run. Please reply to this thread if it helped :)

Thanks For Playing!!

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Very good tips here! The only thing I'd disagree with is the title bit. Of course a title is imperative to getting views in. But putting 'best ever' of something is risky. I've seen LOTS of hate for a video that claims to be the best/funniest/most awesome/etc simply because it's not, and people purposely hate on videos that claim to be.

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice tips :D This will help the beginners a lot xD

XardicPenguin

A Flightless Bird. What Do You Want To Know?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Very good tips here! The only thing I'd disagree with is the title bit. Of course a title is imperative to getting views in. But putting 'best ever' of something is risky. I've seen LOTS of hate for a video that claims to be the best/funniest/most awesome/etc simply because it's not, and people purposely hate on videos that claim to be.
Your right. I should've added a bit about misleading titles and tags for that matter. That will get you hate. Thanks :)