The Best Place to Get Royalty Free Music for YouTube Videos

ApexTV

ApexTV Makes Top 10 Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Every serious YouTuber has been there. Looking for the perfect music to use in their video, but it's all seems to be copyrighted in some way or another. In this tutorial I'll tell you the best possible place to get music for your videos without having to deal with copyright issues.

www. youtube.com / audiolibrary / music

The link above is YouTube's own library of royalty free music for creators like you and me to use in our videos. Almost all of ApexTV's videos contain music for the YouTube audio library. Not only does it contain free to use music, but also awesome sound effects!

Another way to get to the audio library is the following. Go into your "creator studio" which can be accessed by clicking on your profile image on the top right of the screen, then click on the "create" tab towards the bottom left hand side of the screen and it will bring you straight to the audio library!

Thanks for read, I hope this helps!

Reactions: TastyGamers

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are also many YouTube artists who distribute royalty free music. To name one I'd say Tecknoaxe is pretty good and has a wide variety.

Also Machinima Sound is a website hosted by Machinima that also distributes free royalty free music for anyone not just people in Machinima.

There's also the Incompetech(dot)com by Kevin MacLeod which a lot of famous youtubers use (seananners to name one)

Also whether or not you have a Mac computer I'm pretty sure everyone is welcome to using the Apple GarageBand loops which are also free for anyone to use and can be quite useful in "designing" the type of sound you want by mixing the different loops as well as ring able to control exactly how long you want the music to go for.

Hope all that helps :)

ApexTV

ApexTV Makes Top 10 Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are also many YouTube artists who distribute royalty free music. To name one I'd say Tecknoaxe is pretty good and has a wide variety.

Also Machinima Sound is a website hosted by Machinima that also distributes free royalty free music for anyone not just people in Machinima.

There's also the Incompetech(dot)com by Kevin MacLeod which a lot of famous youtubers use (seananners to name one)

Also whether or not you have a Mac computer I'm pretty sure everyone is welcome to using the Apple GarageBand loops which are also free for anyone to use and can be quite useful in "designing" the type of sound you want by mixing the different loops as well as ring able to control exactly how long you want the music to go for.

Thanks for the tips, very helpful!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

That's the one I was looking for, Incompetech.com! Now that I'm leaving Fullscreen I need a new music source.

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I personally love this one:
incompetech.com/ music/royalty-free/ (delete space)

EposVox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ironically, I've heard of a couple YouTubers using music from the "Official YouTube-safe library" (What OP linked) and then they get removed from the library for one reason or another (rights dispute after the fact) and then the YouTubers were stuck with claims despite being told the music was safe to use. ><

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I second that EposVox. I know of someone personally that remove this stuff from YouTube library.
Btw my music is free and YouTube safe and friendly. Please add me to the list.

Best to get your music directly from the composer or from a direct source that can commit personally.

SauceOne

The Sauce
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
I'm personally a fan of Epidemic Sound's music library, which has a large variety of songs that I find really useful, as opposed to most of the free stuff on YouTube (which is generally electronic music... and doesn't fit well with the kind of content I create).

Reactions: JayManOurMusicBox

JayManOurMusicBox

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm personally a fan of Epidemic Sound's music library, which has a large variety of songs that I find really useful, as opposed to most of the free stuff on YouTube (which is generally electronic music... and doesn't fit well with the kind of content I create).
I am on the other end. I don't do much electronic stuff and I wish I did because everyone is asking for more EDM stuff. Yes it's true most free on YouTube are EDM but some like NCS and Tobu are great. You might want to check those out.

Anyhow if you want free and variety (pop, rock, comedy, world and especially orchestral which is my forte at the moment), do drop on by.

Last edited: