The Best of YouTube on Roku Project

DeAuthThis

YT Partner
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking to create a new Roku channel to bring out great youtubers and get them onto the Roku platform.
I'm not looking to have someone show me how to create a roku channel, I've already published one channel http://urbanhackerfilms.com

I need major support to try and get a youtube like roku channel off the ground.

Right now I just need one MAJOR thing, and that support..
I basically need a list of youtubers with solid content (partner or otherwise) that are willing to work with me to get their youtube videos on the roku.

I've thought of doing this in one of two ways....

1) 100% free
2) Ad supported/content providers paid

The fact is most big youtube players make money on youtube and a Roku channel will not help them if they don't get ad revenue.. On top of this issue is the fact that if the channel is free it will cost a LOT of money to run it... I don't see $500+ in donations actually happening per month to keep this a float.

My small public channel costs me $100/mo and I barely make ends meet.

I think Ad supported is the way to go.. and I could use the ad revue to pay for servers and the access to youtuber's content..

I could try to get kickstarter funding.. HOWEVER, the only way I'm going to get that kind of money is IF I can get a compiled list of youtubers people want to see that are in-line to be on this channel..

If I cannot secure a few big names.. It will not be possible to get the funding needed to run this channel.

Can you help me, make this happen?