The annotator test (More views!!)

LabJapan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok, so I just got partnered about a week ago. I have decided to use one of the tools that Fullscreen provides to drive traffic to my newest video. I want to test the theory that this tool actually helps get you more views and subs. I am using the bulk annotator and adding a link on all of my 60+ videos to my newest one. I will post how many views that video has now and update this daily to see if it is working.

Video views before bulk annotator. 3561
Subs before bulk annotator. 7241

I will let this go for a day and report back with my findings. Or if you like you can check the video now and check back yourself periodically.

I uploaded the test video exactly 14 days ago so it averages 245 views per day.

Since the new youtube layout the bulk annotator they use needs an update and is currently down. Sooo I manually added the links into 45 of my videos. If my theory is correct the test video should see a decent increase in views. This is a very easy way to increase traffic to your newest videos and I will prove it with this test.

Manually doing this to 45 videos did take some time but if you have a good workflow it should not take very long. I just opened 10 tabs at a time and had each of the videos I wanted to annotate open, then on the notepad I copied the information I needed and had it handy. I simply went down the tabs and pasted the annotation, then went back to the front and pasted the link. Overall it probably took a little over an hour. Lets see how it goes.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I always forget about the annotations trick because I tend to disable them on videos I view. It'll be interesting to see how it generates views and subs!

LabJapan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well the way I figure, some people may not click it, some may have them disabled, but if I can get 10% of people who watch my other videos to click it then it is a success. The good thing (once it gets updated) about the fullscreen bulk annotator is that you can do it to 1 video and then it will automatically add the annotation to all your other videos. So yea.....we will see.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Well the way I figure, some people may not click it, some may have them disabled, but if I can get 10% of people who watch my other videos to click it then it is a success. The good thing (once it gets updated) about the fullscreen bulk annotator is that you can do it to 1 video and then it will automatically add the annotation to all your other videos. So yea.....we will see.
Too right, some people are going to keep them and indeed use them. I might spend half hour at lunch fixing annotations. I have the generic partner functions so I can at least add a video link or channel logo on :)