the Albee Tapes needs a review

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
So the immediate things I notice are the names you have per episode. They're very generic. No creativity in the names...it really is turn off, as youtube is a place that likes things that can stand alone. But if someone sees your channel and the first thing they see is "TheAlbeeTapes 329," it's going to intimidate them. Also...look at it from this perspective: lets say I watch your episode on your autoplay and I like it and I want to check out more, what's a better way for me to look at it? Click a random episode? Or click the episode "Best lasagna EVER!!!"? Just some food for thought...ha, pun. Unintentional. But anyway, pick a unique name for every episode. DON'T ARGUE! JUST DO IT!!!

Also, I notice you have a lot of subscriptions...and by a lot, I mean over 4000. I'd probably take that module out so people don't see that. It makes you look like you spam/sub4sub.

As for the videos themselves. You use annotations to the point that they're annoying. Let me show you a video that is similar to yours and how text is used to engage with the audience, instead of distract:
http://youtu.be/DqgB6RXcYLM

See the difference there?

Your topics are semi interesting, but the way they're presented are not engaging. I feel like you just take your camera, hit play, talk, hit stop and upload that without editing. Why don't you edit your work? Someone once said somewhere that people aren't going to be willing to put effort in a product that no effort was put into. Why should someone really take the time and watch your videos when you don't take the time to edit out the point where you actually turn the camera on? And some of your outros are cut short cuz you hit the record button too soon. That just signifies to a would-be subscriber sloppy work.

Also, I've noticed that you've been uploading videos for 5 years! That's amazing! But the only thing I find wrong with that, is I don't see a lot of evolution as I'm moving through the years. It's kind of the same ol', same ol'. The camera's the same. No HD. No editing in sight. Youtube has grown, and I feel like you should have grown with it. Try and invest in some better equipment. Get a new camera. Try editing! Put text IN THE VIDEO INSTEAD OF IN ANNOTATIONS. Cut out filler. Be more dynamic and animated.

You have 4000 subscriptions...surely there's someone on there that does what you do and you look up to them. Emulate what they're doing and make it your own.

But that's just my two cents. Take with it as you will.

Reactions: Michael

AlbeeTapes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
ouch! oh well i asked for it
but yes you def have good points
i'll reread this and pay careful attention
4 ex. i already got rid of the subscriptions module
um yeah, 4000 seems desperate
no arguement there

AlbeeTapes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
any good free way to edit my vids?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
any good free way to edit my vids?
You could try Windows Movie Maker assuming you are on Windows and not Mac etc we have been coming up with a few for a list for the forum that you might fancy checking out, theyre listed free and commercial too:

http://yttalk.com/threads/video-editing-software-you-know-of.776/

Personally I would go for Windows Movie Maker if I had to use free software or perhaps the Lightworks as it looks rather good for a free beta.

AlbeeTapes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
thnx i got windows movie maker :D

AlbeeTapes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
windows live movie maker has a "credits"option! dóh!. finally making use of it