The 21 Stages from 1 Subscriber to 1 Million

ScouseMouse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
4 months? I'm at stage 8 after 4 years! How on earth did you do that?
Lol I'm not sure really. There's been no 'viral' video or anything, no big surge at any point, just slow and steady growth. My biggest viewed video is 'only' about 380 views, most of videos now average around the 30-50 views mark within the first couple of days.

I'm a gaming channel and do the full facecam and commentary bit while doing full playthroughs of games. I don't do the whole shouty thing a lot of gamers do, I'm pretty chilled out, just chatting about the game, offering tips/advice etc and trying to get the viewers involved by giving them a say in what we do. I do seem to get a fair few people saying they like my Liverpool accent (hence the Scouse bit of my name) but I can't take much credit for that.

I do upload daily, and I do stick to a solid schedule of releasing each video at 8pm (UK time) every day, I think that's a big plus to help with growing an audience.

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

Isthisawalrus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lol I'm not sure really. There's been no 'viral' video or anything, no big surge at any point, just slow and steady growth. My biggest viewed video is 'only' about 380 views, most of videos now average around the 30-50 views mark within the first couple of days.

I'm a gaming channel and do the full facecam and commentary bit while doing full playthroughs of games. I don't do the whole shouty thing a lot of gamers do, I'm pretty chilled out, just chatting about the game, offering tips/advice etc and trying to get the viewers involved by giving them a say in what we do. I do seem to get a fair few people saying they like my Liverpool accent (hence the Scouse bit of my name) but I can't take much credit for that.

I do upload daily, and I do stick to a solid schedule of releasing each video at 8pm (UK time) every day, I think that's a big plus to help with growing an audience.
Hey there!
I saw your channel, and I must say it's pretty good.
I'm currently doing a let's play of DOOM, which isn't as nearly as good as yours. Maybe you could give me some pointers?

Rahaditya R.P.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i'm at stage 8, had a youtube account for 7 years but actively uploading for 3 months.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I was inbetween 17 and 18 when i first commented on this, now im up one stage to 18-19 ^^ still aaaaages to go though!

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do almost daily (6 videos a week) yet still nothing. I'm not even at the step of building an audience. I'm still just trying to get at least a few views after 4 years!

ScouseMouse

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do almost daily (6 videos a week) yet still nothing. I'm not even at the step of building an audience. I'm still just trying to get at least a few views after 4 years!
I'm not sure then, I had a quick look at your channel to see if I could make any suggestions. The only thing I would say is that you have quite varied content so out of your 204 subs maybe 50% are there because they like you opening Pokemon cards and nothing else, and 30% are there because they like Minecraft and nothing else and 20% are there because they just like your Overwatch stuff etc. I just made up the numbers but when you have varied content you might get a lot of people who like some of it but not all, plus you're never gonna get 100% of your subs watching a video anyway even if they would all like it.

Looks like your SEO is good, your titles are good, your thumbnails are decent (although everything can always be improved). The only thing I can think of is advertising, are you doing much of it? I share my stuff around relevant groups on FB, on Twitter, I'm involved in a few communities on Reddit etc. When you're small it's incredibly hard for people to randomly stumble across you so you've gotta get yourself out there.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The only thing I can think of is advertising, are you doing much of it?
On Twitter, which no one notices and last time someone clicked on a link to one of my videos on Twitter was 15 months ago, and on forums, which no one notices. And sometimes on Reddit, which no one notices.