The 10 Second Rule

John The Dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
In TV you have a 5 minuet rule to capturing your audience s attention and don’t think that is easy, it’s not. If you don’t capture them then they will flick to another channel.
The same can be said for YouTube but instead 5 Minuets you only have between 10 and 20 seconds before your viewers hit that dreaded back button.
Today I watched a short film called Robber Gets Pwned!!! by Vicboss (http://www.youtube.com/user/VahnChand) that did just that.
The first shot was a night scene that showed a robber. The music was light and entraining and, with a mixture the music, showed the robber bumbling his way into a house making as much noise as possible while trying to make as little noise as he could.
I would recommend that you guys watch this short as it’s really well put together.

[DOUBLEPOST=1345359668,1345359570][/DOUBLEPOST]OK, I misspelled Second in the title but I have only just got up lol

ricky fitts ravera

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ten seconds? that's more than my length in sex :D
just joking (maybe)
thanks for sharing this with us, I've already notice with the "audience retention" tool, that lots of people who watch the videos, stop after few seconds
so unfortunately what you say is very accurate :(

ricky