The 10 C’s

Sennuh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
There are 10 crucial keys to YouTube success and, coincidentally, all ten begin with the letter C. The first three are mandatory, but the more you have, the better your chances of success…

1. Content – Yes, content is still king. It’s the core of your video. You have to say, do, show or teach something worthwhile. Make your message matter.
  2. Compelling – Your video has to be captivating and engaging. Otherwise, why the hell would anyone bother watching it? Make sure your video passes the “who cares?” test. The first 7 to 15 seconds are key, so make sure your video has a powerful hook!
  3. Call to Action – A video without a call to action is pointless. What do you want your viewer to do when they watch your video? Tell them that! You must include a direct and specific CTA.
  4. Creative – With 4 billion video views per day on YouTube, your video needs something special to stand out. Get creative. Make your video unique, unusual or just plain awesome.
  5. Charisma – If you’re going to be on camera in your video, you’ve got to turn on the charisma! The more magnetic your personality, the better. If you don’t possess a lot of “natural” charisma, use costumes, kids, props, pets, guests… anything to give your video that spark of personality.
  6. Character – If you can’t summon up your charisma, then you can have (or be) a character. Let your personality shine. Be fully self-expressed. Don’t be afraid to find your “inner actor” and perform.
  7. Comedy – Show them the funny! It’s not easy to pull off, but it’s definitely nice to have. Inject humor into your video whenever possible and appropriate. It’s no coincidence that most viral videos are funny.
  8. Crazy – Be surprising, unexpected, shocking, unique, fun – anything in the “crazy” category will get you views.
  9. Community – YouTube is social, so you must embrace and nurture the community in order to be noticed. Collaborate, cooperate and cross-promote with other YouTubers.
  10. Curation – There’s obviously a ton of content on YouTube, and you can often succeed simply by helping folks make sense of it all. Curate the content. Offer reviews and help organize the video chaos for YouTube viewers.
Now use this 10 C checklist to see how your video measures up. Make sure you’ve got the first three on list, then pile on the C’s to see real success on YouTube.

Do you have other tips and tricks you’re using to get your YouTube videos viewed? Share them in the comments below.

i find this verry helpfull and wanted to share this with you guys

CoolMoo5

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Two more?

Confidence: You need to have confidence. Be confident in yourself and confident in your content.

Camera: You don't need the best camera ever, but a using camera from 2006 probably won't get you too many views. And no matter what camera you use at least know how to use it.[DOUBLEPOST=1423371857,1423355681][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and consistency: upload quality content regularly if you dont people will forget about you.

Rhodri Powell

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Awesome post Sennuh! Definitely going to check back and read through those points every time I go to film! I also can't help but feel like this would make an awesome PDF!

Reactions: Panton