Temporary Playlists?

Andrewcu

I've Got It
A huge amount of views from a new channel of mine are coming from Temporary playlists. Does anyone know what these are and how you make one? My main channel has just 3 views in the last 28 days from Temporary playlists, while this new channel has over 2000 (overall views are similar). Is it something related to the YouTube kids' app? The reason I suspect this is because my new channel would mainly be of interest to kids.

I'd be grateful for any info on this thanks.

I think they are automated channels and playlists that are generated by YouTube's algorithm based on whatever criteria they look at. They exist for lots of different topics and niches.

Of all the playlists views I receive (I have set around 10) Over 90% of the views are from Temporary Playlists.

Thanks Crown and EVO.

wasabiroots - Go to Analytics -> Traffic sources -> Playlists
It should be listed there. If it's not, then I guess you don't have any views from this source.

I believe it's playlists that viewers create. They are temporary because viewers make and delete them all the time. In Analytics -> Traffic Sources, listed below Temporary Playlists, you'll see all the 'permanent" playlists you created on your channel.

I believe it's playlists that viewers create. They are temporary because viewers make and delete them all the time. In Analytics -> Traffic Sources, listed below Temporary Playlists, you'll see all the 'permanent" playlists you created on your channel.
Aha, you mean playlists that look like these?
upload_2017-3-23_16-33-34.png

If its not these, and its actually called "Temporary Playlists" then wow, definitely new to me. Never had them as a source, ever. Probably.

You also have these automatic created ones, not sure if they are temporary ones also once deleted.

upload_2017-3-23_20-53-14.png

Example: UCxGgSMpFenXepVQZP2XAAAw
upload_2017-3-23_20-54-22.png

If you check the about section it will also show you this on the last line "This channel was generated automatically by YouTube's video discovery system."

I have been closely monitoring 2 kids colors channels since 2 months, They get every day 50k to 100k views from "Temporary Playlists" . I strongly feel like they are doing something which is helping them getting into suggested videos.

I do not have a proof but this is totally unusual, content is below average, How they are creating these Temporary playlists & how they are helping these people to trigger something which is helping them to get into suggested videos ?

There is a Magic for sure, Any thoughts on this ?

Back