Tell me... How did you get all your 1000's of views?

Alicia Naomi Toney

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, guess not! I'm just new at all this social media stuff and was wondering if there was some sort of secret. Thanks for the basic 3's. I really appreciate u all for taking time to comment on my thread.

ZoomTilt

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Agree that content, quality and promotion are the cornerstones of a successful channel strategy. We're still fairly new to YouTube but we're working on getting up the learning curve fast.

A few complementary things I'd chime in with:

• Don't let the videos and UX fool you - YouTube is fundamentally a social network. Don't operate your channel(s) in a vacuum - be social (commenting, networking). Spreading good karma and retaining influencers comes back around.
  • Content consistency is really important - don't be too scattered and bounce around in terms of format, medium and type. Focus on a niche you can excel in, build a following and deliver.
[DOUBLEPOST=1348723499,1348721285][/DOUBLEPOST]also, the fact of the matter is - particularly if you're starting out and don't have a big existing following base - you're going to need some paid media to attract enough attention to generate earned media (assuming your content is so good to begin with that a lot of people will think its worth sharing). Translation: you need to advertise. It doesn't need to be a lot (we've run successful ad buys with ~$100), but if you can't get real view growth on your video with friends and family (and you really believe in the quality), you should be prepared to advertise a bit

Reactions: Alicia Naomi Toney

WhatsUpMark

BreadFarking Good!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Advertising - direct or indirect. I'm currently the President of our Student Council and sometimes, I indirectly, promote my channel during school activities :p.

Raetac

Adelaide Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yup pretty much what the guys have said.

My gaming channel has only really ticked over 1k recently but its trending well probably because I upload quite a fair bit of variety of games. My theory is that not everyone will want to watch just one game and will pick and choose what they will watch. I do have a couple series that I know that will get views , yup I have ridden the bandwagon, I am guilty. Perhaps Alica you could see what song is trending highly in view counts and do a cover yourself and ride the wave.

To be quite honest, I really dont care if folks watch my content or not. Take my Saints Row series. Zero interest in that from random views, but I'll still make it because I enjoy the game

Hardisk

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
No problem at all. I'm sorry for being blunt. *_*
I'll be blunt too, your reponse is retarded :p

How do you hope to get views by.. waiting oO'

Secret : Have a good video in the first place, have good tag (use the YouTube Keyword tool, google it), email some blogs that could be interested in featuring your video , post some messages on forum related to the topic of your video.

Basically the strategy I use, and my worst videos get around 2.000 , my best ones around 5 to 20 thousands views.

J0E

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll be blunt too, your reponse is retarded :p

How do you hope to get views by.. waiting oO'

Secret : Have a good video in the first place, have good tag (use the YouTube Keyword tool, google it), email some blogs that could be interested in featuring your video , post some messages on forum related to the topic of your video.

Basically the strategy I use, and my worst videos get around 2.000 , my best ones around 5 to 20 thousands views.
Retarded ? Seems as if you didnt get my point.

Marc978

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It takes a lot of work! Make videos offended and advertise! Don't expect to get 1,000 views over night give it time!

Shewquet

Youtuber who loves to edit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
How I get views is by building yt friendships on yt also I ave friends on Facebook. Also be passion about what ever type of video your going to make, but it seems music,gaming and beauty gets lots it views.