Teens React

Marseekuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hello,

I have a question about react videos and FBE. Since it's known that they have some kind of copyright claims on the "react" videos and they almost sued Ellen, even if it wasn't a similar aproach. So ... I wanted to do a video that it's similar to their approach, but it would be Slovenian 90's and 00's music and Slovenian teenagers (so it would be in Slovenian). So ... what's the deal. How can I do this? Anyone knows? Can I even do this? This video wouldn't be monetized. First of all I don't even have that option and second of all there would be music that I don't have the right to so even if I would have that option, I wouldn't monetize it. If that changes anything.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
It woudn't change anything; and as reaction videos are not reviewing or critiquing the copyrighted media, you couldn't even rely on Fair Use or Fair Dealing here, even if Slovenia has such a doctrine. Not monetizing the content doesn't excuse you from the need to obey copyright law.

I strongly suggest you find a different video type to create for your channel.

Marseekuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thank you for your answer, however, I wouldn't do that for the whole channel, just one video or two. So, there is no chance to do a video with a reaction to a certain music, even if you do it differently than FBE?! It's not that I really wanna do this video, but I don't get it. They're the only ones who are allowed to do that?

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Don't worry about others. Focus on yourself... especially since you don't know if other companies have licensed the necessary rights or not.