Technique and Strategy for a brand new channel

Plymouth J Cliffords

Will sub for food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I just started my comedy channel last week and have started producing regular content. I am currently mainly doing telemarketer pranks, but also plan on recording and uploading some more of my "redneck poetry". My question is, is it better to publish my content as soon as I produce it and risk having periods with no new uploads or should I horde my content in order to create a more consistent upload schedule? Or does it not matter since I only have a handful of subscribers and almost non-existent view counts?

And once I'm at it, any other advice for promotion would be appreciated. I just set up a small ($10) AdWords for Video campaign (still pending approval), hoping to get the ball rolling a bit.

Thanks!
PJC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think consistency is very important in a channel
i upload every Friday my main series,
and as of Sunday i will have a different thing on Sundays as well.

could be worth doing them 1 video in arrears so that if something unfortunate does happen to stop you making a new one, you'd still have something to post

But yeah, like you say it would be beneficial to someone who had a lot of real subs who would regularly go to your channel on a particular day expecting your new video :)

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree with this; uploading regularly helps keep a consistent audience. If you want your audience, don't upload once every six months or so. Also, good luck!

Brett Mayes

Reaction score
I've found that my audience thins out if i don't post for a while, although i have a teeny subscriber base posting regularly makes a difference:)