TBD Television - Non exclusive rights - Contract included in attachment

martijn85

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I just received an email from a Television Network that they want to sign a non-exclusive license to air my videos on their new broadcast television network.

I received a contract (see attachment). It seems legit at first glance and I tried to figure out if there is a catch, but so far I couldn't find it :) As far as I can tell I will not be selling my rights etc. that could have any influence on my advertisements etc.

Would you guys/girls mind taking a look and tell me what you think?

Much appreciated!

Martijn

ps: The network (not an MCN) website is "TheQYou(.com)", the new show TBD(.com).

Attachments

Last edited:

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi everybody!

I just received an email from a Television Network that they want to sign a non-exclusive license to air my videos on their new broadcast television network.

I received a contract (see attachment). It seems legit at first glance and I tried to figure out if there is a catch, but so far I couldn't find it :) As far as I can tell I will not be selling my rights etc. that could have any influence on my advertisements etc.

Would you guys/girls mind taking a look and tell me what you think?

Much appreciated!

Martijn

ps: The network (not an MCN) website is "TheQYou(.com)", the new show TBD(.com).
It seems legit, it looks like you will still have most rights to your video. When you do non exclusive agreements, now you and the other party both own non exclusive rights to the video. This means if one company wanted to purchase exclusive rights (where the video is now 100% theirs), you can't do that anymore without talking to the other party to have them release their rights. I have sold a bunch of stuff non exclusively and still make $$$ on Youtube for the same content

martijn85

Reaction score
It seems legit, it looks like you will still have most rights to your video. When you do non exclusive agreements, now you and the other party both own non exclusive rights to the video. This means if one company wanted to purchase exclusive rights (where the video is now 100% theirs), you can't do that anymore without talking to the other party to have them release their rights. I have sold a bunch of stuff non exclusively and still make $$$ on Youtube for the same content
Thank you :)