Tasked with growing an independent labels Youtube Page! Help...

chinochiz

Reaction score
Website
www.reignfmg.com
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Other
Hi! I work for a small independent record label in Atlanta. I'm tasked with driving views to their page to promote their artist. I've tried every SEO video's advice. Our goal is to get the artist to show up with the mainstream artist. We figure is Travis Scott gets 20mil we're happy with exposing our acts to 2% of that. Are there any tips that will work to start shining light on their channel?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You have a lot of work to do if you want to crack through the likes of Vevo and other large labels. They've been extremely effective in keeping viewers/listeners into their scope and almost all related videos will either connect back to the same artist or similar artists under the same label. If you're hoping to siphon related videos from them, even thinking you get 2% is far-fetched.

I don't know exactly your plan with this indie label, but you'll need outside promotion rather than thinking that YouTube will automatically give your artist views/listens. And no algorithm or SEO is gonna crack you into following acts like Travis Scott. Just as any label has to do, you need to either buy your way into the scene or reach people locally and then branch out. You're probably also better off working the kinks through more music-focused platforms like Soundcloud and Spotify. Or, you can count your chickens, cross your fingers, and hope one of the videos goes viral.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It will take a lot of hard work and much time (just like any other new YT channel by the way) You are doing right with the SEO work so continue doing that. then there the obvious advice with working on making great looking thumbnails and channel art and share your videos on all your social media platforms etc. The thing that has helped me the most in growing though is doing collabs with others in the same niche. So try to hook up with others and see if you can get a nice collab going. Again all of this takes a lot of time, but as I understand it it is your job and jobs/work takes a lot of time :) Best of luck to you