Scandinavian Freckles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,
I'ts been a minute since I was here last. So much stuff happening over the last year that life has gotten in the way of pretty much everything.
Just getting back into YT and it feels so good to be back. I am figuring out my editing style, and planning new videos.. Life is starting to get a lot better.

I have to say, its really easy to say that subscriber count and views shouldn't affect you but not growing or getting any views makes me feel really sad, and makes me start to doubt myself. Does anyone feel the same way?

I feel like every day it gets harder for people who "haven't made it" yet to be seen or heard or taken seriously. ..

Anyways, I hope you all had an amazing weekend!
love, Linda

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I went through the same struggles, that feeling you will never make it, but then I looked at it under another light, I was letting a hobby, something I do for my enjoyment, burn myself out. Isn't that counterintuitive? I also wish there were more people noticing me and complimenting me but at the end of the day I made friends thanks to this hobby, or at least people that appreciate what I do without a second purpose.

The best thing you can do is to take a break, think about it, and then get back doing things at your own pace. Best of luck!

Reactions: Stoner Gamer

KiahOnFire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always find it's about getting your name heard and getting yourself out there is always the biggest struggle due too video platforms being so saturated these days. Although I wouldn't look into too much of the numbers side- Yes they're important but what's more important is analytics performance, this will tell you how long people watch, if they're enjoying certain videos more than others and how your videos are getting around the internet.

Keep trying out new things that inspire you and stay consistent would be my friendly advice too you.
And just know we all go through our rough patches and unmotivated stages.
Keep your chin up and believe in yourself :)

Reactions: evnanonymous

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Just take a break and step back. Just remember you and all of us will very likely outlive Youtube anyway

evnanonymous

Reaction score
personally, i feel the only people who say things like "subscriber count doesnt matter" "views arent important, its about the journey and joy of making videos", are being absolutely ridiculous

the reason any of us are content creators, is obviously to make quality content, and for it to be viewed and appreciated

the only people who try to disregard that truth, are either lying or they put so little effort into the videos they put out and their channel, that for them it doesnt really matter

but the truth is, even for the people carrying the notion that views and sub count doesnt matter, deep down they know that the only reason theyre making videos and taking the time to upload them to youtube, is for it to be watched: for a like to be left or a comment to be written

like, come on man, who are you trying to fool

about the last point you made: theres no question that markets on youtube are more oversaturated now than theyve ever been, and its not easy to have any significant outreach, but there is one strength i think many neglect

a privilege we have, that the previous generation of yters didnt - knowledge, information

we have access to so many guides, personal stories of success, tools that show tags other competing yters are using...

to pull ahead, its important to make use of every advantage we're given imo

but obviously, thats easier said than done :)

Last edited:

Stoner Gamer

Yttalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Positivity is key. And being consistent. If you love what you do you'll have no problems doing it. If you want something reach for it. You will get it one day. I have a very small following at the moment, but I no my channel will grow because I believe it will. I hope this helps. Stay positive. ❤

Reactions: KiahOnFire

KiahOnFire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
personally, i feel the only people who say things like "subscriber count doesnt matter" "views arent important, its about the journey and joy of making videos", is absolutely ridiculous

the reason any of us are content creators, is obviously to make quality content, and for it to be viewed and appreciated

the only people who try to disregard that truth, are either lying or they put so little effort into the videos they put out and their channel, that for them it doesnt really matter

but the truth is, even for the people carrying the notion that views and sub count doesnt matter, deep down they know that the only reason theyre making videos and taking the time to upload them to youtube, is for it to be watched: for a like to be left or a comment to be written

like, come on man, who are you trying to fool

about the last point you made: theres no question that markets on youtube are more oversaturated now than theyve ever been, and its not easy to have any significant outreach, but there is one strength i think many neglect

a privilege we have, that the previous generation of yters didnt - knowledge, information

we have access to so many guides, personal stories of success, tools that show tags other competing yters are using...

to pull ahead, its important to make use of every advantage we're given imo

but obviously, thats easier said than done :)
Well said

Reactions: evnanonymous

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not growing will always affect you. I have practically given up on the dream of making it big, but I did set a goal of 10K subscribers which I am slowly moving towards. It'll take 18 months for me to get there at current gains, but who cares. You do YouTube for you. It would be awesome if it becomes something more significant, but it is not a necessity.

Growth, however small it may be, is. If you do not grow or even stagnate that puts you in a negative mindset. I have decided late 2016 early 2017 to no longer push for content and only create when I want to create. Never felt better. And the radical thing? My views stayed the same, and so did my subscriber gains. The last 2 months were even record breaking. We're trending downwards now, but that is the typical ebb and flow of YouTube. You can't expect to keep breaking records unless there are clear signs your channel is taking off. And you'll see that if you all of a sudden gain 50+ subscribers a day consistently. Then you are well on your way! (I gain 1-10 usually, and sometimes I lose a few too to put that in perspective).

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know how you feel, I feel like that sometimes but I just continue to do it anyways because I’m passionate about making videos. I feel like it’s easier to give up when you’re not passionate about something so every time I feel like that I just think about how I love to create stuff. I’m glad you’re finally getting back to making videos again:)

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone,
I'ts been a minute since I was here last. So much stuff happening over the last year that life has gotten in the way of pretty much everything.
Just getting back into YT and it feels so good to be back. I am figuring out my editing style, and planning new videos.. Life is starting to get a lot better.

I have to say, its really easy to say that subscriber count and views shouldn't affect you but not growing or getting any views makes me feel really sad, and makes me start to doubt myself. Does anyone feel the same way?

I feel like every day it gets harder for people who "haven't made it" yet to be seen or heard or taken seriously. ..

Anyways, I hope you all had an amazing weekend!
love, Linda
Yes. Oh my... yes.

I think maybe every Youtuber at some point feels that way. I have been doing this for over 12 years (only seriously for 4) and have yet to hit 1000 subs.

Giving yourself challenges, mixing things up and finding the value in non compiling things (subs, views, etc) is how I broke out of it. When I really got serious I graduated from Movie Maker (LOL I know) to Premiere. Took a bit but I learned it. Then I challenged myself more to move on from Video game footage to live footage. Then I... etc... when I started accomplishing those things, things that made me a better person (so to speak) the idea of only getting 3 subs for one month...? * shoulder shrug * not as important.

I guess what I am saying is try to set goals or strive for things that are not related to subs, views, etc. I tend to find some of the best Youtubers accidently got popular because... they were genuine...

Just some food for thought.