Taking a break

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I've been going through really bad YouTube burn-out this year, myself. YouTube's algorithm is always challenging you to upload consistently, pump out content and keep you on the grind. And it's hard to balance work ethic and creativity. On top of that, if life is giving you personal problems, it bleeds into the content, and it becomes an all around icky situation. There was this meme of me someone in my community made and it was this image that had a picture of me throughout the years I've been making videos, and you can see it in my eyes, but I look so dead inside as my channel progresses. And it's sad, cause my channel's doing better than it did before, but burn-out's kicking in. Add to the fact YouTube isn't the golden era it used to be, and most people just don't have that fire in them anymore. I've seen so many small creators just up and stop uploading, and it's the most depressing thing in the world.

I think taking a break's the best thing you can do. Sort everything out and reevaluate what you want to do with the channel, maybe get some inspiration from your favorite creators and see what they're doing to avoid burnout. I remember when I was a little kid and had this cringey Roblox channel, walking around Disney world gave me a lot of inspiration for the scripts. Seeing how they set up ambiance with music and colors and props and created different scenes that so many people loved. Sometimes life'll hit you with those moments of inspiration, and you can't really experience it without taking a break. Sorry for this long rant. lol
I was going to film two videos today, but I decided it’s best to wait one more day so I dont burn out. I already want to start filming videos today and I’m starting to get my creativity back so if I wait one more day I will probably end up going back into full filming mode lol like I use to do:)

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
taking 2-4 weeks without a upload isn't that big of a deal iv had a couple points where I went 5-6 weeks between uploads, I don't feel it really hurt me, I might have grown a little faster had I not missed those uploads but I don't think it really hurt me in the long term. I missed last weeks upload because I ended up having to order some parts on the project I was working on right at the end so I couldn't film any action shots till I got those parts in. I could have faked that it was done but no action shots of the finished product would have been kind of lame. so I got filming wrapped up this weekend and just getting started on editing. sometimes it just takes longer to get a video done.

Reactions: Courtney Candice

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think a few weeks break is fine. You will definitely have times of burnout and this won't be the only time. I actually was going to upload on a video to my subs about burnout but decided not to; I'm try not to complain since it's my choice to be on Youtube.

that being said, just go with your gut feeling. sometimes breaks are needed and usually your creative spark may get reignited.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think a few weeks break is fine. You will definitely have times of burnout and this won't be the only time. I actually was going to upload on a video to my subs about burnout but decided not to; I'm try not to complain since it's my choice to be on Youtube.

that being said, just go with your gut feeling. sometimes breaks are needed and usually your creative spark may get reignited.
Yeah I’m starting to come up with more video ideas and I’m starting to enjoy making videos again. I filmed a video today and I’m playing on filming another one in the next couple of days:)

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use to upload every Saturday but lately I have been uploading Every other week because my last few videos took a lot longer to edit and also I’m going through a lot Changes in my life right now with going back to school and a bunch of other things have been happening lately that’s causing me to stress out. I had a video all planned out to film today I even stayed up all night to finish the script, but I couldn’t bring myself to film it today which is really unusual because I’m usually able to film a video even when I don’t feel like it. I decided to go ahead and not film it because the way I’m feeling today. Technically I’m not really taking a break because I will be filming videos In the next couple of days, but I won’t start uploading again until next Saturday. It stresses me out even more knowing that on Wednesday it be two weeks since I uploaded, I just hope that it will be alright that I haven’t uploaded a video for two weeks:/
I think that happens to the best of us sometimes ....but when you feel like it pick up from were you left off and try to double your efforts and you will bounce back in no time....Don't give up even during school try to upload at least once a week to keep the lifeblood of the channel moving in and out of your channel

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that happens to the best of us sometimes ....but when you feel like it pick up from were you left off and try to double your efforts and you will bounce back in no time....Don't give up even during school try to upload at least once a week to keep the lifeblood of the channel moving in and out of your channel
I still plan on uploading every Saturday even when I’m in school, I just have to still focus on school first because it cost 22k lol

Reactions: Boris Qs

DethByChick

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it's perfectly fine to take a break whenever you're feeling unmotivated or starting to feel burnt out! I just came back after a year long break... which I didn't mean to stay gone that long. Sometimes life happens or there's other things that take priority. Your subs will understand if you sometimes don't upload.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
And not only how it cost but its also your feature because no one knows what youtube will become tomorrow.
lol Yeah that’s most obvious reason to put it first. I wanted to create a second channel that has to do with what I will be getting a certificate in to help grow that business.

Silent Phill

Reaction score
Take a break but don't quit. I used to do a weekly video but lost motivation after 6 months or so and gave up on the channel... 3 years later and other un-successful channels later I now regret that decision as that channel was the most fun.