Take that YouTube!!

have you ever had to dispute a copyright?

• Total voters

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Was it a harsh as this before everyone could easily monetise their videos? I wonder if its become worse as they allowed anyone and their grandmother to monetise.
It got really hard to deal with youtube because I was working with a non profit group so its always been hard with me. I work with a group on 2 other channels on youtube who fall under non profit umbrella who have a strict set of rules one is NO ads on their videos. The content ID system was sheer hell to work with at once point ioda was flagging all their videos and placing ads on it. It was a nightmare. They wanted the youtube traffic but in the end one of the two channels was forced off of youtube because of crap content id matches. For me I have been dealing with this awhile. I remember a guy who used to do some really nice midi work his stuff was constantly being flagged by youtube at the time. He gave up and left. He taught music and also produced these midi files. He and many others fell prey to youtube antics awhile back. It started to get insane in like late 2010 and got really bad last christmas.

Recently I have noticed their content id system has changed a bit. It appears content Id system is now applied when people submit videos for monitization. So you dont get tagged until you try to monetize. However it does not excuse the two years of sheer hell I went through dealing with the original system :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They need to simplify things I think, its destroying peoples livelihood on there and wasting their time :(