Take A Picture of Your Recording Setup :)

joshcary

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thats a real nice camera josh, What is the exact name, and model of that beast?
This is the Red Scarlet. It has a Canon Cine 50mm on the front, and then some other attachments (a couple screens, matte box, etc.). We use Red cameras for 90% of our work, and have a few others like DSLRs and mirrorless cameras around when we need them. Makes work fun for sure!

Lightningmaloy

Reaction score
my current setup is mostly use for live streaming and making gaming content. I really liked it and it's really helpful

Reactions: markkaz

World's Greatest

Reaction score
IMG_0072.JPG

Located in my closet, are two machines communicating silently in the dark while I am either sleeping or at work. 5-12hours later, I come and collect my footage.

So how do you peeps like my studio? This setup has allowed me to become a youtuber with four channels. I thought I would never be a youtuber, but recently some videos I uploaded took of in some circles so I branched out. While I was lurking and read one of the threads here about how much people have invested in youtubing equipments. The camera is costly but the tablet under $20.00.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@World's Greatest - I've moved your thread to the hardware section & merged it with this pinned thread. :)

Located in my closet, are two machines communicating silently in the dark while I am either sleeping or at work. 5-12hours later, I come and collect my footage.
I'm intrigued! Could you explain? Is that a camera filming a tablet? What is it that you're filming exactly? I'm confused! :unsure:

World's Greatest

Reaction score
@World's Greatest - I've moved your thread to the hardware section & merged it with this pinned thread. :)
I'm intrigued! Could you explain? Is that a camera filming a tablet? What is it that you're filming exactly? I'm confused! :unsure:
Crown, thanks for moving and merging my post. I do not show my face, voice, or body on screen, so my setup is different.

You are correct it is filming my tablet. The tablet received data from my local website via the browser. I must note the website is a powerful studying website that I have developed for over a decade for studying. I never intended it to be use in youtubing. It turned out to also be the best text reader around and furthermore since it is also a studying software, I can invoke the other features when I need them.

I just made some videos: audiobooks, study questions, vocabulary words, etc. It's kinda like those instructional youtube videos. The audiobooks could cover different topics so I have two different audiobook channels: one educational and another for entertainment.

Also, they could be extended. If I want to double the output, I would just need another tablet, audio cable, and camera. The editing softwares, I use are free. Most of the time all I do is trim the beginning and end.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Crown, thanks for moving and merging my post. I do not show my face, voice, or body on screen, so my setup is different.

You are correct it is filming my tablet. The tablet received data from my local website via the browser. I must note the website is a powerful studying website that I have developed for over a decade for studying. I never intended it to be use in youtubing. It turned out to also be the best text reader around and furthermore since it is also a studying software, I can invoke the other features when I need them.

I just made some videos: audiobooks, study questions, vocabulary words, etc. It's kinda like those instructional youtube videos. The audiobooks could cover different topics so I have two different audiobook channels: one educational and another for entertainment.

Also, they could be extended. If I want to double the output, I would just need another tablet, audio cable, and camera. The editing softwares, I use are free. Most of the time all I do is trim the beginning and end.

I'm not sure I follow exactly but it seems very interesting. If I understand correctly, you have a website that is scraping / datamining content from 3rd party sources and then filming it?

World's Greatest

Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow exactly but it seems very interesting. If I understand correctly, you have a website that is scraping / datamining content from 3rd party sources and then filming it?
The website doesn't datamine contents. It is used like a flashcard where user input data. Very few content is worth filming. Once I think some content is useful for a video, I get the content myself. But, the content must be in huge quantity. Viewers want to save time by watching (to pass the board/state exam). I have become accustom to content that surpasses the thousands, so those under 100 isn't worth filming.

Depending on the content, some might have to go through the modification process which I have another page for. If it is just plain reading, two clicks are often all I have to do. Some I have to do manually (luckily there are computer and macro).

My website is just a studying website. Multiple choice questions, regular questions, images with arrows, listings, and even no answer works. Everything can be mixed and run smoothly together. That is why my education audiobooks aren't simply just reading the text.

Another big factor is the background images.

Last edited:

Guiff

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
IMG_20170417_014257.jpg Mine here.

Not english fluent speaker, but i got to say, I give so much importance to light, I just use a couple of lamps with a translucent sheet that works pretty well on camera (learn these tricks while studiing photography with a cool teacher).

Last edited: