Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
When watching BTS of things it's always really cool to see how everything is done and set up so I've decided to make a thread where you post your setup explaining how it all works, these things seem fascinating :p Beware I might end up asking loads of questions :D

I guess I'll start it off then here's mine...
IMG_20140705_155809.jpg
What I do here is I have my camera hooked up to my pc monitor so I can see everything in big screen, then my microphone mounted to a tripod sitting in front of where I sit, connected via an extension cable to the camera, then at the side I have my laptop where I put up all the main points I need to say and that's pretty much my setup :)

Ok so you're up next :D

What is your Canon model? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I am considering to buy a Canon 70D, what is your idea about it? :wub:
it's a t2i :) I've never used the canon 70D, but it does look great judging from the test footage :D[DOUBLEPOST=1404751769][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nice set up Brodie. :) Here's my current set-up:

View attachment 20692

Sorry if the pictures a bit dark, it was taken on an Xperia z1.

I love mine, other than the monitor, I want to get a 1080p one and this one has one dead pixel which annoys the f*** out of me. :(
is that a blue snowball? They always look really awesome when mounted next to a desk :D Your monitor looks fine, but I guess anyone with OCD may explode about that dead pixel...

3yvabuhy.jpg
this is my setup :)

it's a t2i :) I've never used the canon 70D, but it does look great judging from the test footage :D[DOUBLEPOST=1404751769][/DOUBLEPOST]
is that a blue snowball? They always look really awesome when mounted next to a desk :D Your monitor looks fine, but I guess anyone with OCD may explode about that dead pixel...

It's actually a T.Bone SC440, I got it pretty cheap too, the who mic and pop filter would of cost €75+€15 Shipping from Thomann and it got both second hand for only €50 incl. P&P., :D

I used to have a Snowball though.

It's actually a T.Bone SC440, I got it pretty cheap too, the who mic and pop filter would of cost €75+€15 Shipping from Thomann and it got both second hand for only €50 incl. P&P., :D

I used to have a Snowball though.
that's a steal :D[DOUBLEPOST=1404756324][/DOUBLEPOST]
3yvabuhy.jpg
this is my setup :)
I'm so jealous of your triple monitors :D I've always wanted to have a dual monitor setup, plus it looks cool :D

that's a steal :D[DOUBLEPOST=1404756324][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm so jealous of your triple monitors :D I've always wanted to have a dual monitor setup, plus it looks cool :D
Aha the thing I'm proudest of is the desk. It's huge and was the first thing DIY based that I had to build myself. Normal people start with a small cabinet or something not this aha.

ds81JoR.jpg

This is where I record my videos. XD
Well,its on a top of a double decker bed.But the top wasnt used so I laid a cardboard box on it. :p
So at the background,boxes of the devices I own currently(Note 3 box not present).There is where my camera will usually be and its mounted on a cheap tripod.
Behind the camera is a flourescent lamp(I just bought that thing recently) to provide lighting and I got it difused with some A4 paper.The ceiling light(Currently turned on) also provides lighting.

Back