Take A Picture of Your Recording Setup :)

TitaN Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Heres my 2015 setup. Thinking of changing it abit soon. Sorry I could only take one picture but the rest were to large to upload to here and I'm too lazy to take them again ._.

Edit: I can't post a picture because it's to large :L

So my setup persists of
1 BenQ RL2455HM Great monitor for its price, 1 ms GTG response time, 1080p and 75 Hz
Logitech Z213 speakers, cheap but great bass and sound quality
Sharp something something sound bar hiding behind my monitor, awesome quality as well.
LED's, what can I say they're like the rest.
1 EMTec 8GB Flash Drive/USB
1 Sandisk 32GB Flash Drive/USB
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming mouse, great mouse
Some Logitech wireless keyboard, came in a bundle with a mouse but got a G502 instead.
Samsung Galaxy s4 mini, my old phone
And a Xbox 360 controller that I use sometimes for PC gaming, don't think you can see it in the picture though
Picture was taken with my LG G Flex2
And my PC:
It's a prebuilt Asus M32AA- UK001's but with upgraded Graphics Card.
CPU: Intel I3 3240 3.4GHz
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 750Ti 2gb
Motherboard: Asus H61 something something I can't remember.
RAM: 8gb 1600MHz

Last edited:

SierraNelson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I run a channel mostly consisting of cover song music videos and I really need to improve my video production setup.

So far my audio is nice. My dad is a pianist and budding music engineer and he has been helping me improve my music setup. He just gifted me with a Red MXL 550 Microphone, a sterling audio PF1 Pop filter and a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB and so far the difference in audio quality is substantial!
But now it doesn’t match my video quality which is, in all honesty, average to poor. My 1,000 Sub special cover of Stronger Than You from Steven Universe sadly exemplifies all my issues with video production. Even though my fans loved it and it's my third most lucrative video, it's the worst presentation wise. So I need all the help I can get.
This is where I film videos
2016-01-08 18.49.48.jpg
As you can see I share the basement space with my parents. I use a Canon PowerShot SX130 IS and a PNY Professional 32GB SD Card. Right now I’m stuck editing with Garageband and iMovie. I'm willing to buy Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro (even though they're really expensive) but what good is editing software if the clips themselves suck?

With a budget of approximately $200 what could be done to make immediate improvements to my video production? I hesitate to do anything before I receive suggestions because I don't know what the immediate issue is. Is it the lighting or the camera? Is it my SD Card?The editing software? I don't know! Please Help!

Note: I’m willing to spend more if the results will make it look more like the works of Peter Hollens, Traci J Hines, Kota Wade, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedFox and markkaz

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I run a channel mostly consisting of cover song music videos and I really need to improve my video production setup.

So far my audio is nice. My dad is a pianist and budding music engineer and he has been helping me improve my music setup. He just gifted me with a Red MXL 550 Microphone, a sterling audio PF1 Pop filter and a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB and so far the difference in audio quality is substantial!
But now it doesn’t match my video quality which is, in all honesty, average to poor. My 1,000 Sub special cover of Stronger Than You from Steven Universe sadly exemplifies all my issues with video production. Even though my fans loved it and it's my third most lucrative video, it's the worst presentation wise. So I need all the help I can get.
This is where I film videos
View attachment 33284
As you can see I share the basement space with my parents. I use a Canon PowerShot SX130 IS and a PNY Professional 32GB SD Card. Right now I’m stuck editing with Garageband and iMovie. I'm willing to buy Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro (even though they're really expensive) but what good is editing software if the clips themselves suck?

With a budget of approximately $200 what could be done to make immediate improvements to my video production? I hesitate to do anything before I receive suggestions because I don't know what the immediate issue is. Is it the lighting or the camera? Is it my SD Card?The editing software? I don't know! Please Help!

Note: I’m willing to spend more if the results will make it look more like the works of Peter Hollens, Traci J Hines, Kota Wade, etc.
Premiere Pro is a monthly cost which is very affordable. As for improving your videos. Front lighting will help out A LOT! You can probably pick up 2 soft box lights for $100.

Reactions: RedFox

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well here is my setup (sorry for that bright light, my phone just cant handle HDR properly...) - and yes, my setup includes a lot of trash very often :D

Reactions: markkaz and RedFox

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
As I always see when I look at this topic, many great set ups. :D

Updated mine drastically since my last post on this thread, lighting isn't great but I don't use this for Filming, etc. so it isn't set up for so, I finally got that 1080p monitor that I always had on mind:

Technicals for anyone who wants to know more detail:

PC:
Case: ZALMAN Z3 PLUS
CPU: AMD Phenom x4 955 3.2GHz @ 3.6GHz
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 570 1280MB Power Edition OC (Fallout 4 runs 60FPS Medium-High~ 1080p, good enough! :D)
HDDs: 2x 1TB Cavier Blacks (Games/Recordings) 1x 500GB USB3.0 Seagate
SSD: 60GB SSDNow (OS/Applications)
RAM: 2x HyperX Fury 1600MHz 4GB
MOBO: MSI 890FXA GD70
DVD: Some Samsung one.
PSU: XFX PRO650
MONITOR: ACER K222HQL 1080p & COMPAQ FP5315 (Just for second preview when working)

Also got a few other things like added front card readers (work a lot with SD cards), only thing that would need a nice upgrade in the future is the 570, haven't even tried OCing even though the Twin fans thanks to being a TwinFrozr card keep it cool. It still fairs out nicely in games at High~ Settings at 1080p. It also fairs out pretty nicely in rendering in Vegas with CUDA, taking a mere 15-20 Minutes to render a 10 Minute video. :D

The keyboard you're seeing that's lit up is a Belkin N52te which is actually surpringsly decent, the keyboard is Microsoft Curve which is very nice to type on, if there is a similar mechanicl keyboard pleas tell me. :D

Microphone is a T.Bone SC440 which I have had for over a year now and is serving me very, very well, nice quality, low price, what more can you ask for? If I was to compare this to the Snowball I would say I have gotten more value out of this, while the Snowball has its nice switch I never use it..so cardiod is fine for me since the mic is permanent.

If you want any more details let me know. :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1452532077,1452532008][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well here is my setup (sorry for that bright light, my phone just cant handle HDR properly...) - and yes, my setup includes a lot of trash very often :D

What monitor is that in front of the mic? It looks really nice and sleek. :D

Reactions: markkaz

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What monitor is that in front of the mic? It looks really nice and sleek. :D
It is Dell U2414H (24" 1920x1080p IPS) :) Sure it isnt the best gaming monitor on market, but when I was buying it I was looking for better display for photoshop rather than gaming :)

BecomeAPrime

Professional Designer/Photographer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer

Not all of my equipment is in these pictures I've got a speaker set up, several other computers, other gaming consoles/portables, and a green screen that are not showing. Also I know someone will bring up that box in the back behind my computer... it contains a machine from my childhood that helped with my asthma... I haven't really needed it much for about 8 years but I keep it around for the occasional issue... I'm proud to say that I'm currently the healthiest I've been in years and getting better every day :)