Tags? Where do you get them from?

deana2677

Reaction score
Hi There,
Where do you guys go to get YouTube tags? I have been making tags up myself as well as using a 'rapidtags' website.

However, when I use rapitags the site generates tags that are "too long". Why? Its weird. I wind up generating the tags, then deleting the ones that are too long.

How do other people generate their tags?

Thank you!

Ero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I just do whatever is relevant to my video and common words and phrases that I would tend to search myself.

deana2677

Reaction score
Thanks! Thats what I am doing, didnt know if there was a better way to do this so figured I would ask. Thank you!

Daphydeez

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I
Hi There,
Where do you guys go to get YouTube tags? I have been making tags up myself as well as using a 'rapidtags' website.

However, when I use rapitags the site generates tags that are "too long". Why? Its weird. I wind up generating the tags, then deleting the ones that are too long.

How do other people generate their tags?

Thank you!
If you're fairly new on Youtube and don't have high search ranking. Long word tags are super useful because there's less competition and way more specific!

Reactions: UnboxingSve

HearingMind

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You's so kind. I tried tubebuddy but they only let me have limited features on tagging. How's Rapidtag like? Do I need to pay?
nah, you just enter the title of your video and it will pick some tags for you

AuthenticFINN

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I get to the point of tagging my video, I usually click in the YouTube search bar and type in something related to my video and see what suggestions come up. Then I just convert them into tags.

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@deana2677 You need a lot of channel authority to rank for single-word tags/keywords.

When I get to the point of tagging my video, I usually click in the YouTube search bar and type in something related to my video and see what suggestions come up. Then I just convert them into tags.
Most people don't do this. It's the best way to discover valuable long-tail tags.