Tags and titles help?

ItsAwesome

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok so I was thinking to myself how do I get my videos higher in the search bar so I did a bit of research and tried to use what I learned (using tags etc..) but no luck so what I decided to do was to test something.

What I did. Was got some Football/Soccer highlights and made my own highlight video of that game. Then when it came to outing in titles, tags and description I went to the most popular video and took the title, tags and description from it and put it on my own video waited a bit and no luck my video was not ranking at. according to tube buddy none of the tags in my videos ranked and they were the same as the most popular video on that topic Help haha

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok so I was thinking to myself how do I get my videos higher in the search bar so I did a bit of research and tried to use what I learned (using tags etc..) but no luck so what I decided to do was to test something.

What I did. Was got some Football/Soccer highlights and made my own highlight video of that game. Then when it came to outing in titles, tags and description I went to the most popular video and took the title, tags and description from it and put it on my own video waited a bit and no luck my video was not ranking at. according to tube buddy none of the tags in my videos ranked and they were the same as the most popular video on that topic Help haha
Morningfa.me is a great tool for this. What you have to do is look for keywords that have a good amount of traffic but have as little competition from bug YouTubers as possible. As your channel gets bigger YouTube will start favouring your channel more so you'll be able to rank for more competitive keywords. As for your tags put phrases in there that people will search for, not just individual words. I'd definitely recommend checking out Roberto Blake, Tim Schmoyer, Derral Eves, Videos Influencers and even the MorningFame YouTube channel for help with this. There's been some good articles on this forum about that too if I'm remembering correctly.

Reactions: tizzer65

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You have three videos. Build your content library first and then see how your data stacks up.