Switching content on my channel, should I start anew?

GoonOnFire

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey guys, so over the last few years (on and off) I have built up a sub base of 50K followers (Which has remained stagnant) However, the content was videogame based. I recently started vlogging, filming myself messing with people (Harmlessly) in person and it just looks very weird on the channel.

Take this for example - Imagine you see a guy that did funny pranks and vlogs, and when you scroll down, you see a bunch of GTA videos or Halo videos and you're thinking "Wow, how totally out of place.".

Starting over seems like suicide to some people who haven't reach a high amount of subs, but my viewerbase is seriously inactive. The ratio of views to subs that I get could essentially be declared a dead channel.

Starting over is always tough, but changing content midway through seems like a very bad idea. One that will confuse people and scare them away. On top of that, the ones who ARE still around and subbing to me for what I've made in the past will wonder why I'm making these types of videos.

Any help is welcomed. !!

LIVEst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
Hi, checked your channel. If I were you I would re-brand the channel and continue with your followers. It's a natural thing if creatoe searches for new forms. Explain the changes to your audience and continue to produce quality content. Good luck! :)

btw your channel link doesn't work

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi, checked your channel. If I were you I would re-brand the channel and continue with your followers. It's a natural thing if creatoe searches for new forms. Explain the changes to your audience and continue to produce quality content. Good luck! :)

btw your channel link doesn't work
I definitely agree. I've seen some larger channels change their content and simply explain the process to their subs. Some will unsub, but that's better than starting afresh.