sum1 stole my video

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So i had a video of a microphone review which i actually deleted from my channel as i was embarrassed by the quality. It was one of my first uploads to youtube. I retain all original unedited footage that I filmed to make the video and course it has my voice in the video. I submitted a Copyright Infringement claim to youtube. I'm right to do that right? Just because i took it down doesn't mean it can be stolen in its entirety. The stolen copy has been up 6 months i notice. with 2 views including mine lol. He needs to work on his SEO.. especially as his/her criminal career is also not so clever. Their channel is a spammy overseas looking jobby with i reckon no original content at all.

Anyways.. I have not made a copyright claim before. I got the automated immediate email from youtube just to say they have received my complaint. Just wandered from anyone more experienced in this what happens next? And will it complicate it being as I don't have the video uploaded to my own channel any more? Its a scary process when youtube make statement to the effact that my channel can get banned for making false claims etc.. Do they get someone responsible and knowledgeable (an actual real person?) to actually look at it properly, not some dumb a** automated process with that will get it wrong? It makes you scared to make a claim

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
..well no1 had anythin for me on this. I thought I'd update though as might help someone else. Youtube actioned my video takedown request. Its nice to know they take care of people making original content. Encourages me to make more. Thank you Youtube !

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Good to hear! It is not a matter of a total of 2 views or low audio qualityor whatever.
It is your work and your time spend.

:)

Reactions: UhoohExtra