Suddenly losing lots of subs, gaining little

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel was progressing well but in the last 5 days or so I've seen an influx or unsubs and very little subs, infact I'm losing more than I'm gaining. My last video was received positively so it's not do with that.

Anyone have any ideas why this could be? I plan to release a video later today although this last week it's been hard to due to exams so it's been a little delayed.

NathanB

Reaction score
Videos are great! Really strange that you are losing subs. Maybe YouTube wrote a new algorithm that somehow affected your content?

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Videos are great! Really strange that you are losing subs. Maybe YouTube wrote a new algorithm that somehow affected your content?
Thanks!

It is really weird. Generally I know the pattern of my subs and unsubs. I'll get the odd unsub, usually adding up to around 10 in the month and around 3-4 subs in a day but in the last week it's been around 3-4 unsubs a day and either 1 or no subs but I can't see a obvious reason why. If I'd uploaded a really controversial video that was disliked heavily or received a lot of bad comments I could maybe see why but the latest video although it was quite lowly viewed for my channel it didn't get a bad response at all.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
At any point have you done "Sub 4 Sub" or any other un-natural way of gaining subscribers? If so those accounts may have been deleted.
If not, it might just be a bad week.

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
At any point have you done "Sub 4 Sub" or any other un-natural way of gaining subscribers? If so those accounts may have been deleted.
If not, it might just be a bad week.
Nope, every sub I've ever had has been legit. Maybe it is just a bad week.[DOUBLEPOST=1495225550,1495152000][/DOUBLEPOST]Latest video got a few dislike as well and only a few likes. Pretty sure a couple of friends put on more than 1 like as well.

Just not sure the reason. :/