Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hurting? In what way? You don't have enough views to actually be "hurting".

People like you can think of other ways to gain revenue from their channels. For example, there is a YouTube channel named "Bite Sized Vegan", and it has about 150k subscribers and generates ~300k views per month. On average, 300k views would equal about 300usd, and that is arguably not enough to make a YouTube full-time job, especially in the United States, right? However, with the help of Patreon donations the channel is generating additional ~5000 USD each month.

Do you even understand how hard it is now to get somewhere with a gaming channel? The unique personality, voice and editing skills you need to have to reach those millions of subscribers? Stop being bitter.

Some of those gaming channels you talked about have been grinding in the same exact way you have for many, many years. You are not a special snowflake, so please stop posting this stuff in every topic.

Do you work for YouTube? Do you know what is happening behind the scenes, in those closed rooms? I highly doubt so.

OOOH! I sense some hurt feeling here. Listen, what I do, takes a lot more physical work then making a gaming video. That is just a fact. It does not mean that making gaming videos is wrong and I never said that, so stop getting so offended. I am not attacking you, so stop attacking me. What a doctor does is more important then what a taxi driver does. It does not mean that we don't need taxi drivers, or that what they do is wrong. I play video games too, okay. Geez! Take a chill pill.

Listen CousinEd, my post was not about video gamers. It was about how it is unfair that all of us creators are being hurt by this ad boycott. This includes you! Whether you make gaming videos or real life videos like me, all of us have taken a hit because of this and it is not fair. The videos that caused all this represent an incalculable small fraction of the total videos on youtube. The over reaction to that tiny percentage of videos is insane. It is like, killing an elephant because it got a mosquito bite.

There were much better ways to deal with this problem then what is going on. Youtube is a symbiotic relationship between the Viewer, the Creators and the Advertisers. Without Creators, there are no viewers, and nobody is going to intentionally just watch ads. The creators are the foundation of youtube. We are the gas in the engine that keeps this train going. But we have been forgotten in this whole mess. I have read dozens up on dozens of news articles all over the web about this ad boycott and none of them even talks about what this is doing to the creators. They talk about what the few radical videos, they talk about what ad companies want, and about how much GOOGLE is losing, but you know what they don't talk about? They don't even mention the honest legitimate creators that are being hurt.

The creators are being ignored in all this mess. That is what is so bothersome to me.

The bottom line is, you and I are on the same side. We creators are being punished by youtube and the ad companies for something that is not our fault. That is the truth of what is going on.

HoeLeeFuQQ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i heard some youtubes got hit real bad with the advertisers pulling their ads off youtube. some even have made videos about it. thank you for the information.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i heard some youtubes got hit real bad with the advertisers pulling their ads off youtube. some even have made videos about it. thank you for the information.
There are tons of videos about it, and the problem is getting worst. Yesterday, Walmart and Starbucks added their names the long list of advertisers that have joined this youtube boycott. The honest youtube creator (99.99% of creators) is being thrown to the wolves because of a tiny irrelevant few bad guys. It's like putting everyone in New York City in in jail because of a couple people Jay Walked. It's totally insane!

HoeLeeFuQQ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There are tons of videos about it, and the problem is getting worst. Yesterday, Walmart and Starbucks added their names the long list of advertisers that have joined this YouTube boycott. The honest YouTube creator (99.99% of creators) is being thrown to the wolves because of a tiny irrelevant few bad guys. It's like putting everyone in New York City in in jail because of a couple people Jay Walked. It's totally insane!
dam that is terrible, sucks that just because a few other youtubers ruin it for everyone, but in all YouTube is huge im sure they will get threw it. it will take time but there nothing we can do except put out more content and hope for the best. im sure more advertisers will come and the ones that left will come back. but right now i'm sure it sucks for the youtuber thrown to the wolves. i hope you have a better day!

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Listen, what I do, takes a lot more physical work then making a gaming video.
Umm, so what? Doing intellectual work every single day for 10h+ is much more taxing on your brain than doing pure physical work. There is a reason why about 95% programmers I know are alcoholics. They work so hard that, when they get home, they can't turn off the "code" in their brain, so they drink. That is just a fact.

It does not mean that making gaming videos is wrong and I never said that, so stop getting so offended. I am not attacking you, so stop attacking me.
I simply don't like how you belittle other genres when you have done very little to achieve success on YouTube.

This includes you!
Hardly. I have diversified my sources of income long before this so called "Ad-crisis". The only thing I need from YouTube is a place to host my videos and the usual traffic.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hardly. I have diversified my sources of income long before this so called "Ad-crisis". The only thing I need from YouTube is a place to host my videos and the usual traffic.

So why are you here rubbing elbows with us "Lesser" youtubers? If we are all just "Peons" to you, and this Ad Boycott is not effecting you because you are so diversified, why are you even here commenting? Huh????[DOUBLEPOST=1492626190,1492625830][/DOUBLEPOST]
Umm, so what? Doing intellectual work every single day for 10h+ is much more taxing on your brain than doing pure physical work. There is a reason why about 95% programmers I know are alcoholics. They work so hard that, when they get home, they can't turn off the "code" in their brain, so they drink. That is just a fact.
I believe you when you say you are an alcoholic. I have free program to help people like you overcome your addiction. PM me and I will give you the Info if you want help. As I said before, I do much more important things then YOUTUBE.

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So why are you here rubbing elbows with us "Lesser" youtubers?
Not everyone else, just you.
If we all just "Peons" to you
Stop over exaggerating and calm down. You seriously can't take any criticism nor answer my arguments.
I believe you when you say you are an alcoholic. I have free program to help people like you overcome your addiction. PM me and I will give you the Info if you want help. As I said before, I do much more important things then YOUTUBE.
Where did I mention that I was working as a programmer, hmm? It's really sad how bitter you are.

HoeLeeFuQQ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Guys let's all just get along. It's an opinion we all have and we are all entitle to say it. Youtube boycott from add hurt some youtubers in some ways or others. Some more then others don't take critics personal no one should :) let's all chill and get along unicorns and rainbows

Reactions: chottom

hairliciously

Reaction score
As of today, my views are down and so are the ad clicks. Used to get around 2500 views/day and now I'm at nearly half that =/ Clicks are WAY down too.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Not everyone else, just you.

Stop over exaggerating and calm down. You seriously can't take any criticism nor answer my arguments.

Where did I mention that I was working as a programmer, hmm? It's really sad how bitter you are.
Listen, I have nothing against you; but you obviously have something against me because you keep chasing me around the forum attacking me. Sorry I intimidate you so much. It's okay for you to be a gamer, okay. You just keep doing your thing.