sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hmm interesting, I have a revenue count for the last month that I've had the channel it just seems the last week it hasn't been ads.[DOUBLEPOST=1492450430,1492450365][/DOUBLEPOST]
cool cool thanks! ill see if it changes over the next week or so if it does ill contact Youtube see if something is wrong.[DOUBLEPOST=1492532907][/DOUBLEPOST]

hey sanitary, you were right, i contacted Youtube and they said that they start putting ads on after you hit 10,000 total views... looks like ill just have to continue building my channel :)
you'll get there in no time. good luck!

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Which kind of video are we talking about? Maybe it's not advertiser friendly.

Reactions: Fox Beat

Fearny

Reaction score
Jesus christ mate, you get viiiiews.. on the plus side, my adverts seem to have come back, after being gone for 3 weeks, with the exception of the display adverts which just pop-up. So I'm at around 60% of normal revenue. I'm thinking it's just a waiting game until it all sorts out. But, it looks like you will have to cut your losses on the start of this month mate!

KidCom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I attached the screenshots for reference. Video got 44k views. Revenue = 0.29$. Monetized playbacks = 14 (lol wtf)
A lot of my subscribers tell me that there are little to no ads whatsoever appearing on my videos. Green dollar sign as usual appears next to the video. And I'm pretty sure my videos are advertiser-friendly. I have no idea what is going on. Any idea?

Attachments

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Ads fluctuate multiple times a year in-line with how companies advertise. April is usually bad.

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I attached the screenshots for reference. Video got 44k views. Revenue = 0.29$. Monetized playbacks = 14 (lol wtf)
A lot of my subscribers tell me that there are little to no ads whatsoever appearing on my videos. Green dollar sign as usual appears next to the video. And I'm pretty sure my videos are advertiser-friendly. I have no idea what is going on. Any idea?
You're not alone... theres a lot of youtubers facing this problem, some people said that it was because of youtube ad drama, some other said that this is a usual problem which is happened every march - april, if you're sure that ur videos is ads friendly, the second reason may be the most appropriate reason for your case...march - april apocalypse for youtuber....

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Ads fluctuate multiple times a year in-line with how companies advertise. April is usually bad.
Yes, but that is not what is going on here. In the last month, my channel has gone from 70,000 viewed minutes to 120,000 viewed minutes. That's a 70% increase. I had 24,000 views last month. This month I am at 32,000 views. But in the same time period, where my channel has grown at a record rate, my earnings have crashed.

This is because of the youtube ad boycott. It is hurting small creators like me that have done nothing wrong. We are being punished because of a few radical videos that represent 0.0001 percent of the total videos on YouTube and it is not fair.

If this continues, creators like me will have no incentive to make videos. I say, "Like Me" because, unlike gaming videos where all the creator does is play games and talk, my type of videos actually take hard work and lot's of time to make. The type of videos I make actually take a lot of time, thought and hard work to produce. It's not as easy as just doing a screen capture of a game I am playing.

For example; my current project "How to Build the Ultimate Chicken Tractor!" Has taken over three weeks and 30 hours of videos; and I am not done! When finished, it will take days of video editing and rendering just to assemble it and reduce it to 30 minute video.

This is real work to make these kinds of videos. I do it to because I want to help people, but for me to lose money because of a few radical idiots that represent 0.00 Nothing of the total videos on youtube, is not right, no matter which way you slice it.

Last edited:

HowTo101

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Holy snap, I think you guys are right lol it might of been the youtube boycott drama going on... ever since that I have not even made a dollar and even worse, my daily subs dropped from 100-200+ to only 30
yeah i found out that they changed their protocol and you have to have at least 10,000 overall views in order to recieve ads :/[DOUBLEPOST=1492615498,1492615477][/DOUBLEPOST]
you'll get there in no time. good luck!
thank you!!

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is hurting small creators like me that have done nothing wrong.
Hurting? In what way? You don't have enough views to actually be "hurting".

If this continues, creators like me will have no incentive to make videos.
People like you can think of other ways to gain revenue from their channels. For example, there is a YouTube channel named "Bite Sized Vegan", and it has about 150k subscribers and generates ~300k views per month. On average, 300k views would equal about 300usd, and that is arguably not enough to make a YouTube full-time job, especially in the United States, right? However, with the help of Patreon donations the channel is generating additional ~5000 USD each month.

unlike gaming videos where all the creator does is play games and talk, my type of videos actually take hard work and lot's of time to make.
Do you even understand how hard it is now to get somewhere with a gaming channel? The unique personality, voice and editing skills you need to have to reach those millions of subscribers? Stop being bitter.

For example; my current project "How to Build the Ultimate Chicken Tractor!" Has taken over three weeks and 30 hours of videos; and I am not done! When finished, it will take days of video editing and rendering just to assemble it and reduce it to 30 minute video.
Some of those gaming channels you talked about have been grinding in the same exact way you have for many, many years. You are not a special snowflake, so please stop posting this stuff in every topic.

I do it to because I want to help people, but for me to lose money because of a few radical idiots that represent 0.00 Nothing of the total videos on youtube, is not right, no matter which way you slice it.
Do you work for YouTube? Do you know what is happening behind the scenes, in those closed rooms? I highly doubt so.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I've merged all threads discussing drop in revenue.

Any new threads will either be locked or merged with this one.

Reactions: Fox Beat