hairliciously

Reaction score
I'm actually the opposite. My channel is relatively small: <400 subscribers but I do get about 60-70k views/month, and recently my earnings have actually doubled each day.

Sam Bentley

Reaction score
I'm actually the opposite. My channel is relatively small: <400 subscribers but I do get about 60-70k views/month, and recently my earnings have actually doubled each day.
lucky b*****d :angel: i wish i was in the same situation - my views and watch time are going up > revenue going down...
congrats anyway, i'm glad it still working out for some people

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to see 50% ad impressions and now down to around 25% ad impression so it has halved.
But My views have increased / CTR has increased / RPM has increased so im about even on last month..

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I am also in the same crap as you. My views were going up (currently still is) and suddenly my revenue has dropped tremendously. My views are increasing everyday whereas my revenue is declining everyday, what a world we live in.
Here is a graph of my earnings. You can see when I monetized in June of last year and started to build my channel. Had steady and continues growth until the end of the year. The there was a sharp drop, which I was told was normal because the ad companies exhaust all their ad money during the holidays and take a break after that. Then you start to see that my earning start to recoup a little, and then drop off for no reason. I sure hope what ever youtube is doing will correct soon. My channel is killing it this month. My viewed are up almost 50% over last month. This moth has been my best month ever. All stats are green and in record territory. This would have been my best month ever for earnings if it were not for this crud.

View attachment 40135

Attachments

Reactions: Game_Walkthroughs

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lately, I have not been seeing any increase in my monthly estimated revenue at all even though I have monetized all my videos... I played it on my mobile and still no ADS at all. I put the skippable pre-roll ads.

Is this happening to any of you? Any other ways to check if ADS are playing on your vids? Thanks.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Best way is to go into your Analytics on the computer, click on Ad Rates, and look at the tab called Estimated Monetized Playbacks. It shows the number of views that had ads. For this month so far, almost 27% of my views had ads.

Reactions: HowTo101

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Best way is to go into your Analytics on the computer, click on Ad Rates, and look at the tab called Estimated Monetized Playbacks. It shows the number of views that had ads. For this month so far, almost 27% of my views had ads.
Wow - thank you for the info. I also wanted to check this.
For March we have 72% of our playbacks monetized (if I calculate the percentage correctly).
This month is lower though.

Reactions: Idec Sdawkminn

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wow - thank you for the info. I also wanted to check this.
For March we have 72% of our playbacks monetized (if I calculate the percentage correctly).
This month is lower though.
March was 41% for me. (Estimated Monetized Playbacks divided by Views) It tied December for my best month for money so far. April's money is looking to be only 2/3 of March's. To calculate it I take the money I made the last 7 days in Analytics and divide it by 7. Multiply that by the number of days left in the month (that Analytics has up to). Then add the money I've made so far for the month.

Reactions: chottom

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
March was 41% for me. (Estimated Monetized Playbacks divided by Views) It tied December for my best month for money so far. April's money is looking to be only 2/3 of March's. To calculate it I take the money I made the last 7 days in Analytics and divide it by 7. Multiply that by the number of days left in the month (that Analytics has up to). Then add the money I've made so far for the month.
Yes April is usually worse than March but starts to improve toward the end. Actually I already see a significant spike today. At least thats how it is here in Japan.

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Does this have to do with the YouTube ad drama for the most part, lately? Or is this not a one time thing and happens every April?