Our channel has been effected too since June and I can't figure out how to fix it. One video doing very well is no longer. Our channel has become hidden and it's a shame because I know our videos are great for families and kids. :/

I've just finished an exhaustive weekend of seminars at Vidcon Melbourne. One immediate, actionable takeaway, is for you to increase your upload frequency to 3-4 times per week. You need that "NEW" tag rolling continuously. Yt is hungry for new content, you have to feed it. Upload frequency has a direct, high correlation link to channel growth.

I've just finished an exhaustive weekend of seminars at Vidcon Melbourne. One immediate, actionable takeaway, is for you to increase your upload frequency to 3-4 times per week. You need that "NEW" tag rolling continuously. Yt is hungry for new content, you have to feed it. Upload frequency has a direct, high correlation link to channel growth.

What about the people uploading 2 videos each day? What frequency is better? What searching/CPM algorithms in YT are involved when creator uploads more videos each weak? Did they explain that?

What about the people uploading 2 videos each day? What frequency is better? What searching/CPM algorithms in YT are involved when creator uploads more videos each weak? Did they explain that?

Irrespective of algorithms, you must have the sub and non-sub viewer numbers to support the multiple uploads per day. A 1M sub channel with 50M views/month can support 1 upload per day, perhaps even two. Perhaps. A 1k sub channel with 500 views/day cannot. I did not hear any of the presenters recommend anything more than daily, and only if the audience is there for it.

Another key takeaway is Yt is moving towards "viewer satisfaction". Watch time may not be the best indicator of this. % retention may be more important. This was mentioned several times by several presenters. This is likely in response to all the 10:02 videos flooding the platform for multiple ad placements. Here's the relevant Yt slide from the presentation by Rob Saliba, Yt Engineering Manager:

21584056_1450548581708306_728854928_o.jpg

I figured upload plays a huge part. It does become discouraging at times like this but you're right, I'll upload more frequently.

I haven't heard of any seminars around us. May I ask what you learned? I understand watch time is important but our channel is new so I'm just figuring out the game as we go.

Also, is there a program/platform such as VIDIQ or Tube buddy that is best with improving channels? I would like to see what's trending for kids and make it creative in our own style.

Thanks for your advice, always helpful :)

I figured upload plays a huge part. It does become discouraging at times like this but you're right, I'll upload more frequently.

I haven't heard of any seminars around us. May I ask what you learned? I understand watch time is important but our channel is new so I'm just figuring out the game as we go.

Also, is there a program/platform such as VIDIQ or Tube buddy that is best with improving channels? I would like to see what's trending for kids and make it creative in our own style.

Thanks for your advice, always helpful :)

One of the main take-aways is the importance of the viewer experience, as opposed to focussing on watch time. This is measured by audience retention %. Yt seems to be focussing on how the viewer is experiencing the platform and videos.
I have both vidIQ and Tubebuddy. There's also vidstatx that is helpful. None of them help improve the channel a such, more about getting info and analyzing competitors. The best way to see what's trending is to follow closely large channels, see them execute trends, then see how the mid-tier channels follow those trends. Both big channels and aggressive growth channels are fairly quick to jump on new trends to capture the initial interest.

Thanks! Have you experienced upload issues lately? I have a video uploading now with about an hour wait time. Usually I upload directly from IMovie which takes only minutes.

Today, I saved the file to my computer than directly uploaded to YT. Just curious which is best

Thanks! Have you experienced upload issues lately? I have a video uploading now with about an hour wait time. Usually I upload directly from IMovie which takes only minutes.

Today, I saved the file to my computer than directly uploaded to YT. Just curious which is best

Depends where you are though. We're in Melb, Aust, so it's always very slow, those bits have to go under the Pacific all the way to the California servers, with a stop-over in Hawaii and New Zealand.
I tried livestreaming from a mobile, but the quality was atrocious, sort of like 1998 internet style (once again doe to connection). I do everything from a desktop.

Hi Can I ask About This ? I am From PHILIPPINES

My August EARNING Not Finalized.
But Its Shows In my Transaction that i have $417 ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170912-035821.png
    Screenshot_20170912-035821.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 10
Back