Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
My ad revenue has been pretty much crap since the beginning of the year and nothing I do seems to effect it. My views, watched minutes and time have been on a constant rise since March but my revenue remains the same. I have release 20 new videos this year, but my ad revenue remains the same. It' like YT has put me on a salary and no matter how much I work and produce, I always get paid the same.

Reaction score
The monthly revenue decreased in 50% since ads boycott. Low earnings from the beginning of August too.
I afraid this is the new reality in YT earnings, it's not going to change from now. To make the same earnings as before the ads boycott, we have to double-size our channel.

Dziugas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The monthly revenue decreased in 50% since ads boycott. Low earnings from the beginning of August too.
I afraid this is the new reality in YT earnings, it's not going to change from now. To make the same earnings as before the ads boycott, we have to double-size our channel.
I'm really hoping that they will change the revshare that we get from Youtube
Btw it really sucks that they don't communicate with us, I had two videos with same views/monetized playbacks but different earnings, of course it's about content inside those videos, but I don't get it why they don't say for example, that was bad, you shouldn't include that or that if you wan't better earnings..

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have increase my channels traffic by 50% with no noticeable increase in revenue.[DOUBLEPOST=1502375886,1502312214][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm really hoping that they will change the revshare that we get from Youtube
Btw it really sucks that they don't communicate with us, I had two videos with same views/monetized playbacks but different earnings, of course it's about content inside those videos, but I don't get it why they don't say for example, that was bad, you shouldn't include that or that if you wan't better earnings..
It is not even about the content in my experience. I made two review videos about two action cameras side by side. Both videos were the same length, covered the same test and used each other as a comparison. They were released a day apart. Both videos are pretty much the same, except that in one I am discussing one Lightdow LD4000 action cam, and discussing the DBPOWER EX5000 action cam in the other video. The EX5000 video has earned three times as much as the LD4000 with similar amounts of views.

Last edited:

Dziugas

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have increase my channels traffic by 50% with no noticeable increase in revenue.[DOUBLEPOST=1502375886,1502312214][/DOUBLEPOST]

It is not even about the content in my experience. I made two review videos about two action cameras side by side. Both videos were the same length, covered the same test and used each other as a comparison. They were released a day apart. Both videos are pretty much the same, except that in one I am discussing one Lightdow LD4000 action cam, and discussing the DBPOWER EX5000 action cam in the other video. The EX5000 video has earned three times as much as the LD4000 with similar amounts of views.
This is interesting, then I even can't understand what you need to do to have a decent revenue monthly.. mhhh.. maybe time will fix this

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This is interesting, then I even can't understand what you need to do to have a decent revenue monthly.. mhhh.. maybe time will fix this
The truth is, youtube is a faith based system because we have no real idea how the system works and no way to judge whether they are ripping us off or not. We just have to TRUST that they are not because they will never disclose that actual formula to figure it out.

Reactions: Game_Walkthroughs

Mr.Human

Reaction score
So... is everyone else having a very bad August in terms of revenue? July was way better for me though it's supposed to be the other way around... how's your August been so far?

Reaction score
The August is the same as July for me. Both of them are reduced in 50% compared to the previous year, despite the fact my channel received the same amount of views and average watch time as before. Ads boycott and new YT ads policy effects.

Reactions: Mr.Human

HowTo101

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
Youtube is showing Bumper/Display ads again, did anyone saw an increase in ad revenue? (not me)
not sure how many total views you have but I talked to youtube officials and they told me that they don't start adding ads to videos until the channel hits 10K total views.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
not sure how many total views you have but I talked to youtube officials and they told me that they don't start adding ads to videos until the channel hits 10K total views.
It is simple common sense that if a channel is earning money, then they have met the view quota.