Subscription Exhaustion?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I try to be a really good subscriber. If I've subbed to a channel, I try very hard to watch whatever videos are uploaded, give 'em a like and a comment, and really stay engaged. However, as I'm subscribed to more and more channels, that's getting a bit harder to keep up with.

Added to this, some channels seem to dump 2-4 videos in a day into my subscription list, to either catch up on a low time of posting or for whatever other reason. Trying to view all that would seriously exhaust me.

Anyone else feel bad when they just can't keep up with their subscriptions? Am I foolish for trying to watch it all?

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I never feel bad for missing videos because I know there will be a time I can go back and watch it. I make sure my subscription list is limited so that I don't become overwhelmed by the amount of content coming at me. I think if you have a big list then it would become unimaginable to be able to watch them all! :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had a similar problem once. It is near impossible to keep up with all videos, especially as you said when some channels upload 2 or more videos a day. Just watch them in your free time, don't add extra stress to yourself thinking you have to watch them. Remember they are supposed to be fun, not a chore.

Reactions: xingcat

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I'm not that religious, haha.
But I mostly watch everything from Markiplier and MasaeAnela, and leave them likes.

I only comment if I feel like I have something I want to point out.

Safety Turtle

Turtle Power!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I never feel bad, I sub to quite a few people and it's not everything they make that interest me...and as mentioned above, you can always go back.

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't feel bad for missing someones video but I'm subscribed to over 100 channels so it is impossible to keep up.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I try to be a really good subscriber. If I've subbed to a channel, I try very hard to watch whatever videos are uploaded, give 'em a like and a comment, and really stay engaged. However, as I'm subscribed to more and more channels, that's getting a bit harder to keep up with.

Added to this, some channels seem to dump 2-4 videos in a day into my subscription list, to either catch up on a low time of posting or for whatever other reason. Trying to view all that would seriously exhaust me.

Anyone else feel bad when they just can't keep up with their subscriptions? Am I foolish for trying to watch it all?
Watch what you want. It's like music, even if you have a favorite band or musician it doesn't mean you will like all of their songs. I skip songs if I don't feel like listening to them, it doesn't mean I'm not supporting the artist, it just means I don't feel like listening to that song at the moment.

Reactions: XXLRay

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I try to keep up with a good amount of my subscriptions. If anything, I feel there are dry periods when people aren't uploading often or anything I want to see then all of a sudden everyone drops new videos at once. THEN I have to play catch up.

MrVortexGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't feel bad, I'm subscribed to over roughly around 500 channels :p I only watch about 4 of them on a daily basis so.. There's no harm in it :)

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I feel bad when it's a friend of mine or a smaller YouTuber, because they're a lot more likely to notice when someone isn't commenting as much or what have you. Especially considering a lot of these people have taken the time to watch my stuff and I feel pretty selfish sometimes.

If it's a larger YouTuber, then I know they'll still get the views and appreciation they need in the meantime and I'll simply return to their video when things are a little easier. c:

Reactions: Lightsen