Subscribers NOT notified????

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I uploaded a new video 2 days ago but I have heard from 2 of my subscribers that they did not get notified when my new video was up??

Why does this happen? Have any of you guys tried the same?? Could it be because I use the F-word in the title??? NOO it couldn´t be......Could it?:)

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
They need to click on bell icon next to subscribe button on your channel to get notifications. This change was implemented couple of months ago.

Reactions: XXLRay

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They need to click on bell icon next to subscribe button on your channel to get notifications. This change was implemented couple of months ago.
Exactly
but it also make some auto notification for the channels that you frequently engage with and for the newly subscribed channels as well.

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You gotta be sure to tell your subscribers to click the bell. But it could also be a delay, sometimes I get late notifications on my phone as compared to my desktop.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I had a few subscribers that told me, they already clicked on the bell and ensured that they should get notified. BUT they either never got a notification for it OR they get notified after a few days or a week later.

Sad. :unsure: I don't know the real reason for this.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a few subscribers that told me, they already clicked on the bell and ensured that they should get notified. BUT they either never got a notification for it OR they get notified after a few days or a week later.

Sad. :unsure: I don't know the real reason for this.
Yes it is sad, and it sucks too:)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yeah, the subscribe button stopped automatically emailing every subscriber a while ago. Now people have to "ring the bell." BUT -- at our last Creator Day, the YouTube staffers said that they are actually conducting extensive user testing into whether notifications are getting lost or not going out at all. Many times, it appears, subscribers are getting emails sent but aren't acknowledging that they're there for whatever reason, but it's a pretty involved process of surveys of channels, working with subscribers, etc. So it's something YouTube knows about, and from what I've been hearing, they actually are taking it pretty seriously.

Reactions: Noobzilla

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I haven't had any new subscribers tell me my videos weren't popping up in their feed. But now that you guys mention it I should remind them to ring that bell to stay updated on new videos. Whether it works or not is a different story. Cause for me I just check back on my favorite Youtubers every day/week for new videos. But you can't expect everyone to do that though.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive noticed this sometimes. I have my own vids on alert on a different account on my phone and my last video did not give out a notification. Might be a bug.