Subscribers matter?

Reaction score
Hello again, I wanted to know if in today's times, number of subscribers are important to be more visible in the ranking, or youtube has changed some things?

Last edited:

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it helps on day 1 only. If your subs engage well then YouTube will promote it.
But if your subs dont like it, then YouTube drops it.
That is how I feel my vids are handled anyway. I have some vids with millions of views and some with just a few thousand.

Reactions: AmuseYourBrain

andyv604

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I think it helps on day 1 only. If your subs engage well then YouTube will promote it.
But if your subs dont like it, then YouTube drops it.
That is how I feel my vids are handled anyway. I have some vids with millions of views and some with just a few thousand.
Interesting concept... What do you think about YouTube likes? Does it help to make your video more visible too?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello again, I wanted to know if in today's times, number of subscribers are important to be more visible in the ranking, or youtube has changed some things?
Look YouTube video views, comments, Likes and subscriptions are all forms of engagement on YouTube which helps with a video ranking when combined with tags and video optimization in general.

The only other advantage subscriptions have on your video ranking is this
-Your newly published videos will be sent by YouTube to your subscriber after publishing the more subscribers engage on the video will also help because those initial activities on the video, sent out a positive signal to YouTube.

Hope that helps

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Subscribers are the barometer of how well you are doing and they are also the community around your channel. If you're not gaining subscribers, even if it's just 1 a week, I'd be looking at why that is. For someone to hit the subscribe button is a big deal, it's basically them saying (I love this persons videos, I can't wait for the next one). I love my subscribers, and one day I'd like to meet some of them.

Reactions: Boris Qs

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Subs are critical. Growth is critical. The higher the rate of sub growth, the more Yt will notice your channel. On the corporate side, sponsors, MCNs, and Youtube, throw resources at you the higher your rate of sub growth. Think of it as horses in a race; everyone wants to back the strongest horses on the track. Algorithmically, the more subs you have, the better your video does out the gate - there are more eyes on it in a short amount of time, giving it high view acceleration and high virality. A high sub channel (say 1M+ subs) can have a Seo naked video, and get 500k views in a few hours, bypassing a 1k sub channel with fully Seo'd videos, in the blink of an eye.

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They have importance, mainly with building a large audience and showing the health of a channel. But people obsess way too much of subs (including myself) when views and view duration are more important.

Plus with so many doing sub 4 sub the amount may be skewed a lot in some places.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think so. it's views more than anything else. But if you have a million subscribers you do end up with 100K views pretty quick. And that makes lots of money for YouTube. I myself don't have a single video that is on-line that even has 100K views. I am close (like within 10K close) but still. Took YEARS to get to that point.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I think next week I'll hit 1 million subs...

Otherwise, read this again, and check in the following week.