Subscriber Viewership worries

BossHogg FGF

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
YouTube has a weird algorithm and sometimes I begin to wonder if my subscribers are even real because I’ll upload a video and it won’t pick up momentum until a few days have passed or not at all.

I was told when I started this YouTube process that subscribers and views do not matter especially when you’re starting out. If you’re lucky YouTube will pick up one of your videos as a hot topic and add it to everyone’s recommendation list, but typically that doesn’t happen. So until then you first need to prove to YouTube that you’re here to stay with consistent content and don’t worry about views. Longevity wise, everything comes with time. All of the top YouTubers have been doing this since 2009, that’s almost a decade!!

If your channel has evergreen content then you’re doing great, if it doesn’t then you may want to switch some things up (thumbnail art, rebrand channel, channel logo, etc.). Hang in there buddy as I’ve had to rebrand twice so far. [emoji41] Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philip Jensen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube has a weird algorithm and sometimes I begin to wonder if my subscribers are even real because I’ll upload a video and it won’t pick up momentum until a few days have passed or not at all.
Isn't that exactly what makes it "real"? That people are not sitting around 24/7 waiting for a video. So in a day or two they spot it in their feed, they watch it, like it, makes YouTube show it to more people etc. :) It makes sense in my world to be frank. :D

Darius Dominte

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
i try to promote my channel...but is so hard...i don't know where to post...on twitter and other social networks is hard to get views...search my channel Darius Dominte.I try to make EDM tracks.I hope you will enjoy it.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
/QUOTE]

what I normally see on a new upload is I get pretty good views for the first 24-48 hours then it drops off and a few more trickle in and then it will either start picking up again or die off completely. then sometimes they will die off to only a few views per day and then ramp up to better than ever views weeks or even months later. one of my best preforming video's sat doormat for about 2 months. now its been constantly within the top 3 on my 48 hour views for months.

I don't understand it but I try not to let it get me down if a video flops right away it could always come back and be a top performer.[/quote]

Reactions: BossHogg FGF

BossHogg FGF

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Isn't that exactly what makes it "real"? That people are not sitting around 24/7 waiting for a video. So in a day or two they spot it in their feed, they watch it, like it, makes YouTube show it to more people etc. :) It makes sense in my world to be frank. :D
Well I have seen two separate scenarios, in one instance a video will surpass my average view count within 24 hours, and in others I won’t see momentum until a week or so has passed. It is really weird and I have stopped trying to figure it out. I just upload as often as possible now.

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have 210 subscribers, but according to my analytics, 99% of my views come from non-subscribers. I really want a good base of subscribers that come back to my channel and watch my videos when I upload other than my real life friends. I'm very consistent in uploading 2-3 times a week and it's not a bunch of different jumbled topics. I am not too sure what else to do. Am I just being impatient? I just need advice from someone who was in a similar situation 's advice.
I'm in the same situation as you, I have 232 subs but like you, 93.8% is non subscribed which is a little annoying. Idk what advice I could give expect to keep going, By the looks of my favorite Youtubers I watch it took them a long time to get that steady base, Hopefully pushing forward gives that base.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it all depends in which way you have gained your subscribers. I mean if most of your subscribers are friends, or people that you got through sub4sub, or by commenting on their videos.
Then if that is the case, then i wouldn't worry to much about it that they don't watch your videos.

But if they subscribed cause of your other content/videos and they don't want to watch your new videos, then maybe that says something about their interest or about your new content.

Anyway i don't think you can say to much about it, cause most of the people are subscribed to so much channels, that they probably don't even know that you have a new video.

It would be nice to know how many of your subscribers have also turned on the bell notification. I don't think that youtube analytics shows this? Or am i wrong with this?

I think we should all consider to ask our viewers to click the bell notification, when we ask them to subscribe to our channel. I am definitely going to add it to my subscribe intro and endscreen.

I am curious what other people think of this?
Greetz Lenny

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mine was for a long time like 98% non subscribed but as I've grown I've found it has increased, I'm now sat at 19.8% subscribed 80.2% not so I think it's just one of those stats that increase with time

Reactions: lennart holterman

RooThaDude

Reaction score
Well I have seen two separate scenarios, in one instance a video will surpass my average view count within 24 hours, and in others I won’t see momentum until a week or so has passed. It is really weird and I have stopped trying to figure it out. I just upload as often as possible now.

Yeah, I have the exact same situation.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've had a few weird videos lately that didn't pick up momentum well and one in particular I really couldn't figure out why. It was the only video in like the last 6 months to not reach 1,000 views in 24 hours (others were passing 2k easily) and I couldn't understand it at all. The videos I posted after did fine so I'm still not sure what happened because it seemed to have my normal keywords in place and ranked near the top as usual. Luckily I have a lot of similar popular videos so I leveraged my endscreen network to give that video an extra boost and that has almost got it back up to pace.

Sometimes if it gains momentum after a week it could be from suggested videos. I've had some videos land a "good" suggested spot like even a month later and take off. And yeah it will slow to a trickle, that's pretty normal if your subscribers watch it and then it doesn't get suggested. If the views continue at a good rate for weeks or months it's because of either suggested or search or external.