SUBSCRIBER MONDAYS

TheMightyChip

Reaction score
im going to be doing a subscriber Monday series on my channel,but I don't JUST want gaming videos to feature.
what do you guys think of subscriber days and clearly im doing it to
A.help out similar sized youtubers
B.personal gain and growth.
in your opinion do they work and would any of you be interested gaming or non gaming of featuring
Thanks.

PS. I DONT WANT DEAD SUBSCRIBERS ,I WANT PEOPLE WHO LIKE MY CONTENT AND STYLE

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I personally never do shoutouts or subscriber spotlights (if that's the kind of thing you mean) for a couple reasons:

1. You'll only get subs because people want a shoutout = dead subs that usually unsub after the shoutout
2. I personally never watch shoutout videos.

But it's a personal preference, really!

playtype007

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
im going to be doing a subscriber Monday series on my channel,but I don't JUST want gaming videos to feature.
what do you guys think of subscriber days and clearly im doing it to
A.help out similar sized youtubers
B.personal gain and growth.
in your opinion do they work and would any of you be interested gaming or non gaming of featuring
Thanks.

PS. I DONT WANT DEAD SUBSCRIBERS ,I WANT PEOPLE WHO LIKE MY CONTENT AND STYLE
i do the same thing on my channel as well to help people out. i have around 4000 subscribers so if you play call of duty it will be a great opportunity for you as well to feature your video on my channel. The serie is called exposure saturday check out the description on the first video on my channel for more details. anyways i checked out your channel and since i am all about CODuty i subbed ;)

playtype007

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally never do shoutouts or subscriber spotlights (if that's the kind of thing you mean) for a couple reasons:

1. You'll only get subs because people want a shoutout = dead subs that usually unsub after the shoutout
2. I personally never watch shoutout videos.

But it's a personal preference, really!
it depends really, if you get a shoutout from a big or average size channel people will eventually subscribe and watch your videos.

PowerfulRedHat

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Shout outs are a nice thing to do to show appreciation for something somebody has done for you, like a background or an intro. But doing it simply because they're a subscriber seems a bit annoying to anybody else who's watching your video. :p

Reactions: GreyBadgerTV

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Shout outs are a nice thing to do to show appreciation for something somebody has done for you, like a background or an intro. But doing it simply because they're a subscriber seems a bit annoying to anybody else who's watching your video. :p
Well this is what I mean. I quite often help promote channels I think really, really deserve it. But doing it for subscribers just seems .... wrong, to me. I dunno. personal preference :)

TheMightyChip

Reaction score
it depends really, if you get a shoutout from a big or average size channel people will eventually subscribe and watch your videos.
yes I took a look at your channel,how do you go about getting on your channel,i wouldn't mind a shot at that ;)

TheMightyChip

Reaction score
yes I took a look at your channel,how do you go about getting on your channel,i wouldn't mind a shot at that ;)

FlipRJ

YTTalk Ramen Knight
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Comedian
i think if you really like a person's content, then you should promote it! often times I see that people sub just for the shoutout and will often only watch those videos.

to answer the gamer/non-gamer question: you're interest seem to be in gaming, so stick to gaming channels. if there is a non-gaming channel that really catches your interest, than feel free to do that!

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Well this is what I mean. I quite often help promote channels I think really, really deserve it. But doing it for subscribers just seems .... wrong, to me. I dunno. personal preference :)
I think shoutouts should be random, because you think they deserve more for their content, not because they sub to you.

Reactions: Frankie Turner