Subscribe To Tags feature

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What if YouTube had a feature that would let you subscribe to Tags? Example would be if you liked the Video Game Mine Craft but you wanted to see Walkthroughs or Lets Plays. You could subscribe to hashtags #MineCraft and #LetsPlay Then you would be notified anytime a video was uploaded that had those hashtags.

You could even further simplify this by channel.

Say your favorite YouTuber all of the sudden starts posting new videos you don't care about but still posts the ones you like. You can subscribe to his or her channel and only the Tag for #CoverSong then when that channel posts a new cover you are only notified of their cover songs rather than other videos.

Reactions: CMTXRATED

Tomba

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey!

There is so much content being shared every minute, so if they added this they would get spammed with alerts.

They do have a seperate website for this as well but for articles and etc which is Google Alerts but they apply for videos also.

Regards
Kevin :)

Mello Fello's

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Omg I mean I get the idea, but dude your feed would be a constant upload of every video related to that tag. Minecraft??? The feed will never stop updating.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Omg I mean I get the idea, but dude your feed would be a constant upload of every video related to that tag. Minecraft??? The feed will never stop updating.
that's why I said you can select it by the persons channel

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I thought YouTube already had something this? YouTube auto-generates "Topic" channels and adds trending videos to the channel using "YouTube's video discovery system." :eek:

Here is an example:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-9-kyTW8ZkZNDHQJ6FgpwQ/about

I've moved this to the main YT discussion forum. ^^

It would also be nice if subscribers could subscribe to certain keywords....Some people want to watch tutorials from a particular channel, and some people don't. ^^

Reactions: Crown

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I thought YouTube already had something this? YouTube auto-generates "Topic" channels and adds trending videos to the channel using "YouTube's video discovery system." :eek:

Here is an example:

I've moved this to the main YT discussion forum. ^^

It would also be nice if subscribers could subscribe to certain keywords....Some people want to watch tutorials from a particular channel, and some people don't. ^^
yeah but you can't add your own keywords

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
What if YouTube had a feature that would let you subscribe to Tags? Example would be if you liked the Video Game Mine Craft but you wanted to see Walkthroughs or Lets Plays. You could subscribe to hashtags #MineCraft and #LetsPlay Then you would be notified anytime a video was uploaded that had those hashtags.

Say your favorite YouTuber all of the sudden starts posting new videos you don't care about but still posts the ones you like. You can subscribe to his or her channel and only the Tag for #CoverSong then when that channel posts a new cover you are only notified of their cover songs rather than other videos.
I like the sound of that idea

My Dixie ReKt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Wow this is a great idea it may also be an easier way of finding those videos uploaded by underrated youtubers who cant be found by a search. If you get what i mean?

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wow this is a great idea it may also be an easier way of finding those videos uploaded by underrated youtubers who cant be found by a search. If you get what i mean?
Exactly. You could even further simplify it by say #CoverSong Posted Last Week or Posted This Month by a specific channel