Subscribe message in video

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
i really want to put something at the bottoms of my videos (in the first minute or so) that says “Subscribe” so people can remember to do that and won’t have to wait until my end spiel to be reminded. The two I’m thinking of is the video in video where you see a little animation of a mouse clicking the subscribe button in the lower left hand corner. And the other option I’m thinking about is st the bottom of the screen (again in the first minute or so) just making a picture in photoshop where it just says “subscribe”. What do you like seeing better in videos? The subscribe animation? Or a stagnant picture that just says subscribe?

Also if you’ve done this have you found a difference in the amount of subscriber you’ve gotten?

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I haven't tried this personally. Sounds like a good idea. Either the static or the animated version sounds fine, the only thing I would avoid is looping the animation over and over. Easily distracted people like me get annoyed with that kind of thing and close the page. ;)

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I've tried both, kind of (the "animated" one was really just the still picture I used keyframes for). I didn't notice a difference in the amount of subs I received doing either. If you're worried about them forgetting to do it after a spiel, though, maybe cut your spiel a little shorter (Idk how short yours is, but I know of people who ask people to subscribe 5 times before getting to the actual content)? My typical intro is about 10 seconds welcoming people to the video and instead of telling them to subscribe that soon in, I just use the picture, which I'll sometimes have pop up later in the video, as well (depending on how long it is).

I'd say try both and see which you prefer/what works best for you. hth.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It’s a good idea. Just be careful not to make it stay too long on screen nor make it too big that it takes up a quarter of area. Just something subtle enough that they notice, but aren’t annoyed. Maybe have a friend watch it to see their thoughts. Fresh eyes can always be good after spending hours editing a video.

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Animate with sound, sounds to be the better option.

Steve0192

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've tried adding graphics or mentioning subscribing in my videos, but never saw any difference or increase in uptake in subscribers, so these days I just include a Subscribe box in the End Screen and leave it at that.

Steve

passtheremote

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
YouTube includes a watermark option that gives computer users an option to sub. I "think" I have it set up in mine, but I've never been able to verify this