"Subscribe" button instead of the logo during video running time

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I saw this method by a high concept channel - which grows extremely fast - where they have a small "subscribe" button in the right bottom corner and NO logo in the left corner during videos - but they have the logo in the thumbnail, and I thought that they are doing this because the logo on the other side could perhaps be a distraction from the "subscribe" button and the option itself. The thing is that this channel really grows very fast and a high concept channel like this one has things like this figured out... What do you guys think about this method?

(I can name that channel here if there is no legal risk in doing so...)

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
That button is just another way for people to easily subscribe. But I don't think people generally sub just cos that button is there in front of their faces the whole time. It's the content that makes people click it in the first place. Their reason for not having the logo on at the same time is probably so the screen isn't too clustered & busy.

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I agree with you regarding the content. It is my no.1 rule above all: "quality quality quality!" and i don't mean quality in the production sense but in writing mostly - only than comes the production... But when I saw this method, I thought that for their type of a channel - surely there must be a better reason to ditch the logo from the running time than clutter? They are in a science pop / social commentary genre - so the viewers have a lot of choice when it comes to actually subscribing. I think the button serves as a reminder to sub. And with results which are not negligible. The thing that I'm wondering is why would a high concept channel ditch the logo which they could make smaller if the screen would be to cluttered?

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
There's honestly probably not much thought put in to it. It was just a decision they made. Hell i used to go through changes like that when i first started but it was only for the pure reason of I wanted a different look, i found something that looks better or i just got sick of it. I don't think people need a reminder to sub if they really want to sub to that person. It's just an easier way for all platforms where the vid is being viewed to subscribe. I mean yeah sure for some people it could help them to subscribe, i have the button myself but it doesn't say SUBSCRIBE :)

Jamie Lee Bones

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you guys think about this method?
I know what you mean, When I see the logo in the video it's not as eye catching as the subscribe button and for me, a lot of times if I see a video I like my first instinct isn't to subscribe. It's when the person asks me to in the video that I'm prompted to think about it. So I think maybe having it in there would be helpful but throughout the whole thing seems a bit excessive and intrusive on the content. Maybe just the end screen, or when it's mentioned?