Subs?

Mogoko

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Are subs important to generating more interest or is it about views and comments?

K.V Anime

Nerds With Passports
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Views most definitely. You can have a thousand subs, but if only 3 watch then subs serve no purpose. Both are important either way so I would strive for that combo!

MattsMindMeld

Our Minds are now one
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Creating a fan base is more important than getting a sub base. Meaning a Fan is always a subscriber but a subscriber isn't necessarily a fan. People that use cheap methods to get fans like holding a contest that makes people sub to them doesn't mean those people will return to view the channel. Infact what most people eventually do to those channels is unsubscribe.

sam97richards

sam97richards
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Creating a fan base is more important than getting a sub base. Meaning a Fan is always a subscriber but a subscriber isn't necessarily a fan. People that use cheap methods to get fans like holding a contest that makes people sub to them doesn't mean those people will return to view the channel. Infact what most people eventually do to those channels is unsubscribe.
well said, im am trying to get to 100 subs but at the same time get lots of views :)

MattsMindMeld

Our Minds are now one
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Me too! I am slowly growing and could of probably had more views if I didn't have to take a 2 month hiatus from the internet. But alas I am slowly growing and I appreciate all the help and love from people that enjoy my stuff :)

DylanAndSkyler

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
We're actually trying to get subs right now but aren't putting up videos. Our subs are growing but our views are not. But this is what we expected. Due to time and distance, we aren't able to produce videos at the moment. So we are using promotion to get subscribers so that when we start up our weekly videos again (September 17th btw) we will gain more views. I can understand how this system may seem flawed because of the subs vs. fans idea, but it will still generate more buzz for us.

Heidyjenna

Reaction score
yeah getting subs are extremely important. though sometimes not always. you can just make videos for yourself and just have fun with what you're doing. but yes if you do want to interact with people they are important. we are slowly trying to get subs. just created this channel.