Subs, comments, thumbs up or favorites

Patrick Harris

You see what I did there?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Which do YOU prefer? I am essentially we want all of the above, but if you could only have one for your videos, which would it be?

I personally don't think subs are as important as people think. Thumbs up are cool, but I really think favorites are what sparks general interest and helps your video make it to the main page. Then again, lets be honest, how many of us actually GO to the main page? I haven't been there in months, so how exactly does that help?

Comments indicate people are watching and you're getting feedback, which is a good thing.

So, if you had to pick one for your videos, which would it be?

Jordan Wilcox

Sony Vegas & After Effects Tutorials! Editor!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say Subscribers, because when someone subscribes it means they want to watch your videos, therefore leading to thumbs up, favorites, comments, etc... But if I had to choose one, Subscribers :)

Reactions: the9one8

Patrick Harris

You see what I did there?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
That sounds good, but a lot of people sub but then never actually watch. Or, watch once or twice and then give up. I would think that comments would mean more because they would have had to watch in order to comment, which gives you views + feedback.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I will say subscribers since I have to choose one :D I do believe people use the YouTube homepage, they also get their emails too with their subscriptions in which they might check out too. It gives people a good chance of returning. Likes etc can be handy too if it shows on their feed.

Reactions: the9one8

Jordan Wilcox

Sony Vegas & After Effects Tutorials! Editor!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That sounds good, but a lot of people sub but then never actually watch. Or, watch once or twice and then give up. I would think that comments would mean more because they would have had to watch in order to comment, which gives you views + feedback.
Yes, Very true, you can sometimes generate inactive subscribers, which can be shown by the amount on views you get per video / amount of subscribers you actually have. Coming back to your first post, I do think that favourites will give the video a lot more exposure, even if people do not check the you tube homepage, with the development of Twitter / Facebook connections, most people now link their accounts to show what they have commented,liked, Favorited and subscribed to on you tube, this way, it can get you around not only on you tube, but other sites too! Gaining you more and more exposure!

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would say comments. So comments on mah videos!

This made me realize though. Before making videos I use to never comment or like on videos even if it's from YouTubers I always watched. I used to think it was pointless, and for some of the bigger YouTubers it is because they don't even read or reply to your comments.

the9one8

www.youtube.com/the9one8
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Subscribers first, as everyone else that agrees with me said, it does help get residual views. But if subs are off the table, I woudl prefer comments next. At least helpful feedback is always nice. I'm just trying to make entertaining stuff.

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd pick comments. The whole point of my youtube entity is to share my thoughts and maybe learn something from others. I also like hearing positive feedback, when poeple say a vdieo I made meant something to them. That's the most rewarding thing on youtube for me.

Reactions: JostenVlogs

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I would pick comments. It lets me know that people are watching my videos and that the video was good enough for a feedback! :bounce:

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Comments because it shows the community side of youtube and allows people to interact.

Reactions: ForeverAlonePrick